Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gemoney a complete ripoff

Options
  • 24-12-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

i have a loan out from gemoney and i noticed that this month instead of 700 euro been deducted from my bank account they took 728 euro, when i asked them how come the interest has gone up when there has been 2 reductions in interest rates lately, they said they had to buy the money on the international money markets and this is dearer, any comments please from someone who knows how this is so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

It is likely they buy their cash using the LIBOR rate.

That is currently appraching the 7% mark.

What they say is feasible, but I'm not certain that this is the source of their money. You'll have to ask more directly wheether this is or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Would it not be the Euribor rate that their talking about?

GE money are a sub-prime lender and you are paying more for it now. Is there any chance you can re-mortgage with a different bank?

Advertisement