Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirits to use; useful drinks mixtures?

Options
  • 24-12-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I have a lot of vodka and gin in my house and I was wondering if anyone had any great cocktail recipes which combine the two
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Care to elaborate please . . .

What is your recommendation to make the perfect long island ice tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A 50:50 mix of a Martini and a Bradford?

There wouldn't really be many drinks where you'd mix them, LIIT is about the only oen I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gin is basically flavoured vodka, so it is sort of odd to make cocktails with them. I find most people do not like gin and so cannot stomach most cocktails with it in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Gin & Tonic, Slice of lemon, and some ice ..mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yummy

Bombay Sapphire is great spirit.. but i'd nver drink Gin straight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    Gin is basically flavoured vodka
    Have to disagree with that one. Most common gins in the "London dry" style have botanicals included in the distillation process -- they're not just botanical-infused grain spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BeerNut wrote: »
    Have to disagree with that one. Most common gins in the "London dry" style have botanicals included in the distillation process -- they're not just botanical-infused grain spirit.
    In my mind it is still just basically a flavoured vodka, doesn't matter to me how or when that flavour is added.

Advertisement