Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The so-called "M"8 Cashel bypass: I give up!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Notice the plonker at the exit in the last 30 secs :D

Also the end of motorway signs are too soon :(

Good vid tho, really straight bit of road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i did the new section last night for the first (and second) time...luvvly jubbly..just me and a motorway to myself.... avergae speed Dublin to co Cork AND back just over 100k (520km)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I just noticed an additional sign at junction 8 which is offering over 5 acres of land for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Furet wrote: »
    I just noticed an additional sign at junction 8 which is offering over 5 acres of land for sale.

Ever notice the sign planted on private land just before junction 18 heading towards Cork for Grandons.

Would putting up temporary advertising hoardings like this actually require a licence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Also, if you're watching that video - note how straight the section is compared to Cahir-Mitchelstown (J10 - J12) and how the concrete pillars don't cause the median to buldge at the bridges. This section is of similar build quality to Cashel-Cullahill, something which further makes me think that Cahir-Mitchelstown was rushed.

• Advertisement

The section between Cashel and Cahir is undoubtedly the best piece along the C-M scheme. I've always though that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Furet wrote: »
    Ok, so I drive it maybe twice a week at most and never fail to see at least one tractor chugging along in the hard shoulder. That particular problem is endemic; but fair enough, I've said my piece about it elsewhere on these boards.

Now we have a private company, McDonalds and a petrol seller apparently, building their very own service area at junction 8 and - get this! - not only that, but they will alter junction 8 to make it unrestricted access so that customers can get to them easily. I mean, why did the NRA bother at all with redesignating this stretch? It's made precious little difference.

To top it all off, today I encountered a Traveller-driven pony and trap going in the wrong direction on the motorway. I was on the Junction 8 slip road, accelarating to join the main northbound carriageway, when lo and behold yer man, who was heading north on the hard shoulder, clip clops his animal and cart to do a U-turn and come up against me, before leaving the slip altogether and directing his beast over some grass to his caravan. I gesticulated my astonishment at him, and his reply was two-fingered. He had broken the fencing that separates his caravan from the junction 8 sliproad to give himself direct access.

I called the Traffic Watch number and informed them, but honestly, at this stage, I'm ready to give up.

+1

First of all the rule of law in this country is non-existent - where are the guards - maybe we need more of them!!! Just an idea, maybe if some of the money spent on bailing out the banks were spent on law enforcement, it might be economically just as viable - like, what would foreign industrialists think of this country when they see similar to what you described above! It certainly wouldn't do our reputation as a business destination much good. :mad:

That's it, I've had it - it's time the government got up off the behinds and made trespassing on a motorway a criminal offence with a five figure fine. Also, we may have to consider rehabilitation camps, where people are re-educated until they are fit to be let back into mainstream society. If people in this day and age, do not know what a motorway is, then they must be retards! :mad:

OMG, this country used to have such a well educated population - What's just happened??? :eek:

Furet, I'll have to leave it there because my head is just about to explode! :mad: (could someone add a lit fuse to that smilie!!!)

Regards!

well..did anyone report the horse and cart man to the Gards and declare their willingness to give evidence? otherwise the gards can do little unless they catch them

Oh and BTW the Government didnt spend anything bailing out the Bannks..they invested OUR Pension Fund (or some of it) in them rather than investing elsewhere and I believe they got 8% preference shares for their investment, quite a good return whilst rates are low and I guess the plan is to resell those shares when and if the good times return. (at a profit for US

corktina wrote: »
    well..did anyone report the horse and cart man to the Gards and declare their willingness to give evidence? otherwise the gards can do little unless they catch them

Oh and BTW the Government didnt spend anything bailing out the Bannks..they invested OUR Pension Fund (or some of it) in them rather than investing elsewhere and I believe they got 8% preference shares for their investment, quite a good return whilst rates are low and I guess the plan is to resell those shares when and if the good times return. (at a profit for US

I emailed the Gardai, and I attached the photos displayed above in that email. The broken fence is plainly visble. As for giving evidence, I'd have no qualms whatsoever. If his horse shied on the motorway, or if he lost control, the outcome would be unthinkable.

good for you Im impressed.....solid evidence , lets hope they do something..thin end of the wedge when people start flouting the mway regs which are there for good reasons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement