Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Moon - Feb

• 24-12-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi

Im planning to be in koh phangan for the full moon party in feb. Does anyone have any advice on where to stay and other handy tips?
    Should add that only two girls travelling alone so wouldnt mind paying a bit more for better places!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Firstly, most of the accommodation anywhere in Thailand is basically bungalows. That was my experience anyway.

Secondly, some of said bungalows were really basic, some were really nice. But they all came within the same price range i.e. 3-10 euro a night.

When it come to Khao Phangnan, the same price range applies. It just depends on whether or not you want a fan or not. Also, what comes into it, is whether or not you want to arrive much in advance and stay much after the FMP.

Same price range pretty much applies, but it's more expensive around the time of the FMP.

My advice would be, if you are intending to stay on the island for more than the duration of the FMP, stay towards the north of the island, so you can enjoy both the peace of up there and also the madness of the FMP on the night. You can travel on the night (or anytime for that matter) by boat to the south of the island for the craic, or stay in your nice bungalow resort as you please.

The main piecie of advice I would give you is that if you are only staying for the duration of the FMP, don't hope for much sleep if your bungalow resort is near the beach.

And finally, don't expect too much from the FMP. It's good fun, but not the spiritual ensemble it used to be.

But go for it.

Really nice part of the world and nice folk to be met too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

i was there in the summer,my mates all stayed in coco hut village which is on the beach called haad rin nai. this is west of the full moon party beach but the walk is literally 4 minutes. because coco huts was booked out myself and 2 mates stayed in sarikantang resort, really lovely place, just down the beach from coco huts. when i say just down the beach i mean 30seconds away. us 3 used to stroll down and use the coco pool since all our mates were there and no one cared. as far as i remember accomadation was about 20euro a night, which was the kind of budget i kept throughout my holiday.

Advertisement