Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HDMI display problems on new TV.

• 24-12-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Up until recently I had a PS3 connected via HDMI to a Samsung LCD, and it worked perfectly. I then got a second TV for a different room and have connected the PS3 to that TV instead, again via HDMI, but there are problems displaying the picture. The screen will just show black for a couple of minutes, then then may flicker and display a picture for a short while before flickering again and going black. Eventually it usually settles down, after like half an hour, and I can use the console, although sometimes it'll just flicker to black and stay like that and i'll have turn off the TV and try again, and sometimes if it does stay on a picture, I may not have any sound coming through the HDMI.

The TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-32L4000. I've tried messing around with the various display settings on the console itself but that's had no effect. The TV has two HDMI ports and I've tried both of them, but get the same problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

can you try anything else on the new tv with hdmi or a different hdmi cable?

It sound like a fault with the tv or cable to me, as the ps3 works fine on another tv and i assume you use the same hdmi lead with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

I was just wondering was a solution found to this problem as I am having the same difficulties with an Xbox 360 and a Sony bravia KDLW4000 (I bought the TV two days ago).

I can successfully connect up the two by component and setting the output on the lead from the 360 to HD-TV but I get no picture or sound using the HDMI cable. :confused:

The 360 was connected to a widescreen LCD monitor via HDMI (using an adaptor) and optical out to a 5.1 up till now with no problems.

Advertisement