Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Problem 24/12/08

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Torrent seems to be working fine for me btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I can't even get UTV's own site up - would that be part of the same problem I'm having getting my email to send? What a lousy time of year for this to happen! Cabbage won't work for me either :(
    The Xmas gremlins are alive and well :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Same problems all day here. Switched to OpenDNS, made no difference. The problem doesnt seem to be with DNS - if it was we should be able to route to websites using the IP only and OpenDNS should work for us.

Bit hit and miss websites working wise. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Boards is a no go via www.boards.ie but going to www-srv3.boards.ie works with periods of delay with the adservers they have running. Google works, RTE and BBC (dodgy tho) work.

I did a traceroute to Sourceforge which wasnt working for me and its breaking down in different hops. Works, drops, works, drops, works and then dead. UTV are closed over the next few days (Call Center wise).

The last problem I had with UTV was being unable to login. They changed my password and asked me to add an X at the end of my username. It was the only fix they knew of and its worked fine since but changing back to normal gets access denied again!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭pushpop

I've resorted to routing my http traffic through a proxy i have an account on in DCU. Of course it means that you can't administer your router via http as the endpoint of your browsers connection is in a different network but it will suffice for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Has anyone verified that Skype will work? This year was to be my first time to try it and contact my daughter in Laos - bang goes that chance, it would appear.

Skype seems to be working fine here.

EDIT: Is the problem fixed? I've just checked a site I wasn't able to open all day, and it works. Can someone else check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

As of right now everything seems to be working again. Still on default OpenDNS servers, haven't changed all day. How's everyone else doing?

Edit: JUST after I posted that EVERYTHING went down. And now everything's working again. Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Using UTV Dns working fine now. So far anyway.
    Sheridan wrote: »
    As of right now everything seems to be working again. Still on default OpenDNS servers, haven't changed all day. How's everyone else doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Demondaze

I'm having these issues all day as well. I noticed things were pretty slow last night (I'm on 7mb which usually connects at 4.3mb) but at least I was actually able to make it to the websites I wanted to. Today it's completely hit and miss. The problem keeps coming and going.

I guess there'll be no getting this fixed until early January....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eurogamer's back for me - haven't been able to get to that all day. Some things are still broken though, such as steam games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

All back in action now here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

seems to be back to normal here too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Same here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

It's a Xmas miracle - all back to normal :) Can try out this Skype phone tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sites I was unable to access earlier working now thank god. Even Boards :D On OpenDNS.. just in case... DNS at UTV have always been dodgy.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hmm using OpenDNS now, may stick with it. One problem

I'm using Firefox and before when I typed in the URL bar something like
    'channel 4 watch online' or 'aer lingus' it would go to google itself and bring up the exact page I wanted. Now it goes to OpenDNS search. How do I make it not do this? Can I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Or Level3's DNS servers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Conor108 wrote: »
    Hmm using OpenDNS now, may stick with it. One problem

I'm using Firefox and before when I typed in the URL bar something like
    'channel 4 watch online' or 'aer lingus' it would go to google itself and bring up the exact page I wanted. Now it goes to OpenDNS search. How do I make it not do this? Can I?

Nevermind, Found the solution

Advertisement