Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Carlow Weather Station up

Options
  • 24-12-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have managed to get the domain sorted so my Weather Station details can be seen on www.carlowweather.com

Just the basic output from Weather Display for the minute, have to dust off the HTML books so I can develop the site, hopefully I'll get to it in the new year.

So not sure if anyone has any interest but thought I'd let people know anyway, hope the mods don't mind the thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

We'll done Villain, looks very very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Villain wrote: »
    Well I have managed to get the domain sorted so my Weather Station details can be seen on www.carlowweather.com

Just the basic output from Weather Display for the minute, have to dust off the HTML books so I can develop the site, hopefully I'll get to it in the new year.

So not sure if anyone has any interest but thought I'd let people know anyway, hope the mods don't mind the thread

Good stuff Villain, hope to see your station added to the Irish Weather network, a station in Carlow would be a great addition. You should see some pretty good warm temperatures in summer there by Irish standards i would think and be useful forecasting the winter blizzards that hit here every year :D

What software are you using to generate your signature?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cheers lads, yea I hope to sign up already Supercell, I'm using weatherdisplay to for the Sig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What elevation are you ?

Your baro reading seems very low compared to recent reports i.e Oak Park is 1034

Seven Worlds will Collide

Only about 80m asl I think seems low alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm reading 1032.7mb currently. Well done on the station, you are in Tullow, right? That always seems to do better with the snow than Carlow town, grrrrr! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You could adjust it to read 1034 now seeing as the pressure is fairly steady atm.
    I imagine Oak Park would be fairly spot on :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Yep Tullow, I'll check whether pressure reading is coming from inside or outside sensor, I'll check it over the next few days maybe I recalibrate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Well done.
    Keep an eye on Oak Park pressure over next couple days and then you'll see what adjustment you need to make whan you sort out how to do it. Very likely indoor sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Congratulations Villian. You are lucky at the moment to be setting this up, especially with rather uniform pressure readings across Ireland. Hopefully you will get some interesting stats over the next while... I am still awaiting mine... though the weather sypnotics have been not favourable as of late to allow so...

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, I also meant to say that if anyone gets one from Santa or over the coming weeks and wants a hand setting up the pc and web side of things just let me know, I'd be only too happy to give a hand out.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICARLOWC4 <<< is that your data? If so, then you need to set your elevation as it currently states 0m.

According to http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx?id=&utype=&ecom=S1&user= you are 90m.

Cheers Danno never seen that yep I'm 89m asl I'll sort it tomorrow cheers again

Updated site with a webcam today, no good at night but hopefully will offer something during the day, its facing South East with Mount Leinster to the right which is visible on a clear day.

Dont worry about it :pac:

Its a bit of a headache, my Vista lappy wont recognise the software to upload/record the data, but my XP lappy will. Given that my XP lappy is the old crappy lappy that I dont use anymore I couldnt be bothered dragging it out every few days to hook it up to the weather station and upload the info :D

-3.1c
    DP -4c

Is there any software update online for it, or can you run it in compatability mode for XP under Vista?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I think you may be having problems with vibration from the wind on your rain gauge.
    You are reporting 16mm of rainfall with a max rain rate of 98mm/hr??
    Rainfall has moved at pace through the country but it is not all that heavy.

Where is the rain gauge sited?
    On the ground or at a height, sheltered or exposed?

By looking at the attach below, the wind gusts are being reported high and similar very high rainfall and rates. Most of the time, similar to your wind speed gusts (40mph), the majority of rainfall misses the bucket and records less unless the gauge is buried snug into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Also i have gotten an answer to your question on the IWN forum.
    <!-- data age 211333 more than 3735 sec .. ignored -->
    Looks like your clientrawrealtimeftp.exe (realtime process) has stopped on your weather station, so the data is out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

nice one Villian, it's a choppy one today eh! any this is great. I live in Ballon and have a great view on Mt Leinster to the south. If ever I get homesick I'll look at the data

Snowbie wrote: »
    I think you may be having problems with vibration from the wind on your rain gauge.
    You are reporting 16mm of rainfall with a max rain rate of 98mm/hr??
    Rainfall has moved at pace through the country but it is not all that heavy.

Where is the rain gauge sited?
    On the ground or at a height, sheltered or exposed?

By looking at the attach below, the wind gusts are being reported high and similar very high rainfall and rates. Most of the time, similar to your wind speed gusts (40mph), the majority of rainfall misses the bucket and records less unless the gauge is buried snug into the ground.

Cheers Snowbie you are spot on, I need to move the rain gauge to the ground, I'll do it later and manually adjust the rain ammounts.

You are also spot on the real time ftp had crashed so I have restarted that, many thanks for the information

kwalshe wrote: »
    nice one Villian, it's a choppy one today eh! any this is great. I live in Ballon and have a great view on Mt Leinster to the south. If ever I get homesick I'll look at the data

Pretty nasty out there alright, glad it may be of interest.

• Advertisement

Fixed the station up moved the rain gauge to teh ground and secured it a bit better, now I'm soaking.

Just a quick update, I have moved the station onto a new solid Steel pole with a stay onto the fence post. I have also changed the webcam sadly facing South wasn't working out as the Sun was killing the image so I have installed a wifi camera looking East which is also a nice view to some local hilltops.

Oh and thanks everyone for visiting the site over 600 Visitors this month.

Heres a pic of my station:

carlowstation19jan.JPG

Advertisement