Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone getting for Xmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lol, not bad Piste!

Ontop of my watch, got a cool Nissan jacket and 150€ of vouchers for Galvins for men. w00p w00p, new clothes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

got a
    bly ray player
    lost s4 on bly ray
    matrix box sit on bly ray
    10 more films on bly rays
    10 dvds cheap asses all the dvds whare on bly ray
    prince of persa
    far cry 2
    rockband 2
    gater hero world tour
    500 euro gamestop gift card:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    and going to see my cosons tomarrow to get more and on saterday going to see the rich one so mybey a new loptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

You're making the recession cry.
    Stobbit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no its a big fammily

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

two vouchers to tour by coach seven national wildlife parks usa flights inc the tour takes three weeks with one walking week end one on a horse into the out back its a one off long haul trip with the down turn it will be back to tramore in future happy christmas all:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rhapsody! wrote: »
    You're making the recession cry.
    Stobbit :(

He's making me cry, he can't even spell half of what he got.

two vouchers to tour by coach seven national wildlife parks usa flights inc the tour takes three weeks with one walking week end one on a horse into the out back

son of a..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I told everyone that I only wanted money, so I've made quite the fortune!
    Got loads of other bits and pieces... but primarily money.
    Mmmm...

Enough to fuel my stephens' night/ new years alcoholism in any case!

I'm considering buying Electric Picnic/ other festival tickets now... but I think I'll be abroad when they're on...
    But they're so much funnnnnnn...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Got a Wii! Awesome!

obl wrote: »
    Got a Wii! Awesome!

MII TOO!! xD
    What Games??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Piste wrote: »
    I got:

EP ticket
    €55 of Topshop vouchers
    €70 euro
    A really cool polka-dot umbrella
    An assemble-it-yourself skeleton
    Desperate Housewives Season 1
    Really Nice Jewellery from Urban Outfiters
    Goddess Guide (book)
    A mug with an "explanation" of musical terms
    Butler's hot chocolate mix
    As Good as it gets on DVD
    An angora scarf (I think it's made from rabbit tails...105 of them :()
    Face Masks
    Hair Clips
    Wash Away Your Sins Soap
    Shoe Laces with little duckies on them
    Chocolate
    Fruit
    Vanilla Flavoured Coffee
    Lemon Sherbets

I love presents :)

em angora is wool piste

still missing one present but ive got

Mam and Dad:digital photo frame
    150 euro
    slipper socks
    Sister:two concert tickets
    the 5 harry potter dvds
    brother:kylie minouge perfume(not a fan though)
    Brother:babyliss vanity set
    mamma mia special edition dvd
    nana:50 euro
    Aunty n uncles:a bath set and a make up set

sin e
    but i still didnt get fupping ugg style slippers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

iPhone
    Money(too much €200+)
    Aftershave

Shocked tbh. I have what I did to deserve it.

Oh yeah posted by iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

but i still didnt get fupping ugg style slippers:p

€4 in pennies and €6 in dunnes :p

As For myself:
    Capo for my guitar
    Dressing Gown :D
    Topman Socks
    Those Long Beanie Hats
    Trilby :pac:
    Guitar Hero World Tour For Wii
    Money
    Boxers
    Books
    Other Bits And Bobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

All I got was a hangover and a Smithwicks pint glass that I stole from the pub! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

em angora is wool piste

Angora is rabbit wool, and this scarf is sorta like a load of balls strung together, so I think they might be rabbit's tails.

Angora is rabbit wool, and this scarf is sorta like a load of balls strung together, so I think they might be rabbit's tails.

eeep...well im sure they dont need their tails for that much stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah hopefully they're still alive :(

Yeah hopefully they're still alive :(

ah you can easily remove rabit tails without them dying i think.
    also angora rabbits have really long hair so it easily just have been carded into balls for your scarf

Angora wool is an extraordinarily soft knitting fiber produced from the fur of the angora rabbit. It can only be spun from the hair of angora rabbits, while the product of angora goats is called mohair. Angora fiber has a very soft, silky texture and is usually 10 to 13 microns thick. The fibers are also hollow, which gives them loft and a characteristic floating feel. In addition, angora fibers are very short, which can effect stitch density when the knitter is using angora wool with a high percentage of angora.

Pure angora wool is impossible to make, because the fibers are too fine and the wool will simply unravel. Angora fibers are usually mixed with other soft fibers, such as cashmere and lambswool. Angora wool tends to be very warm and is frequently used to trim sweaters or to knit hats and scarves. Angora is generally viewed as a luxury fiber, and most angora wool products are very expensive, reflecting the laborious harvesting process and the small number of producers.

Angora rabbits can be combed or gently sheared for their fur, and they have been used for that purpose in Turkey for centuries. Angora first became popular in Europe in the late 18th century, when it was popularized by the French. In the Americas, angora wool didn't touch the popular imagination until the 20th century, when small cottage breeders began raising angora rabbits and spinning their fiber.

There are four breeds of angora rabbits, beginning with the English breed, which weighs 5 to 7.5 pounds (2 to 3.5 kilograms). The English breed produces a very large amount of fur and must be combed regularly to keep the hair free of tangles and debris. The good natured rabbits are popular in show, and their fiber wraps very tightly when spun, making an even and strong wool.

The French breed ranges from 7.5 to 10.5 pounds (3.5 to 4.5 kilograms) and has a higher proportion of guard hair to wool. Guard hairs take color better, and many colored angora wool products come from the French breed. The French breed requires less grooming than other breeds and is recommended for novice breeders.

The Satin breed has very shiny, soft fur with a satiny appearance. It is easy to collect and spin, and the 6.5 to 9.5 pound (3 to 4 kilogram) rabbits are favored by fiber collectors because their fur spins quickly and easily. The breed also tends to be richly colored, producing wool with high color saturation, although the all white Satins produce fur that takes dye very well.

The Giant breed is significantly larger than the other breeds, often weighing more than 20 pounds (9 kilos). The breed most often appears in white, and its wool must be harvested by shearing, because the rabbits do not naturally molt or shed. For sheer volume of collection, the giant breed is an excellent choice for breeders attempting to produce angora fiber for commercial use.

Angora wool can be harvested year round, although it requires careful handwork, as most rabbits are combed. Most angora rabbits are amenable, but nervous, and it is important to be gentle with them. The wool produced can be used in a wide variety of applications in which insulation, comfort, and warmth are needed, and the fibers are pleasurable to work with because of their luxurious look and feel.

Found here http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-angora-wool.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The parents got me money, lots of small little surprises and a new phone - Nokia 5310.
    (I had my old phone, a Sagem MY-X52, for 4 years) My Gran also gave me money.

Got a Smashing Pumpkins DVD and a Lindt reindeer (Mmmm...) off my sister.
    Got a hoodie off my other sister. She also got me a chocolate version of Cluedo.
    Got a yard of chocolate (literally, a massive bar of chocolate that's one yard in length) off my brother in law.
    A friend got me a boxset with 5 Mr.Men Christmas books! :D (One is never too old for Mr. Men!)

The parents got me money, lots of small little surprises and a new phone - Nokia 5310.
    (I had my old phone, a Sagem MY-X52, for 4 years) My Gran also gave me money.

Got a Smashing Pumpkins DVD and a Lindt reindeer (Mmmm...) off my sister.
    Got a hoodie off my other sister. She also got me a chocolate version of Cluedo.
    Got a yard of chocolate (literally, a massive bar of chocolate that's one yard in length) off my brother in law.
    A friend got me a boxset with 5 Mr.Men Christmas books! :D (One is never too old for Mr. Men!)

I saw the yard of chocolate in a shop near me, wanted to buy it for myself but cba :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

wow, lots of lucky people in here :)

I got a trilby too :) although i wanted a pork pie... :(
    also, a signed copy of 'little brother' by Cory Doctorow, which rocks :)
    ermm, and some monies and random stuff :) and also the family got a wii but as I don't live at home that one doesn't really affect me... although it is quite the nifty i must say...

hope everyone had a good one, I'm off to research crypto and other fun stuff that 'little brother' got me interested in :) and maybe start trying to code minesweeper...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got what I wanted, and lots of exercise, so I'm happy this Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

rhapsody! wrote: »
    MII TOO!! xD
    What Games??

Mario Kart, and of course Wii Sports. My sister got Wii Fit. Man a half hour on that ****er tires you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

XmasStuff-1.jpg

RE Barack Bio: My Granny really doesnt know me :)

Got some other clothes and some other stuff but nothing really worth bothering to post. (Except my lovely Quiksilver fur lined hoody :) Fúck You Peta :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

We had a family secret santa, my brother had me and got me a digital camera, which now has evidence of drunken messyness from last night inside it..oh dear. It was my first 'single' Christmas in 3 or 4 years, makes it waaaay easier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Nostalgia!!

I got an ipod :D and 7 pairs of pyjamas...

Advertisement