Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards slow?

Options
  • 24-12-2008 8:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me (UTV been dodgy today) or is Boards having problems? I cant get to boards via www.boards.ie only via www-srv-3.boards.ie where each page hangs loading adserver.adtech.de before loading after a min.

Any ideas? UTV maybe?

Also delays loading trackmon.itor.us and ie-stat.bmmetrix.com
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Works AOK for me. Eircom BB at the mo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Eircom 3Mb (well after midnight at least) and no problems here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It seems to be a UTV thing according to others in the broadband forum. Thanks anyway! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fine for me on upc sully.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its also possibly the knock on effects of the break in the cables in the Med. Traffic has been rerouted so just like when there are roadworks in one area another area can get jammed as its not up to the traffic.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If by med you mean mediteranean then there would need to be some seriously odd routing for it to affect an irish isp accessing a site hosted in Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If by med you mean mediteranean then there would need to be some seriously odd routing for it to affect an irish isp accessing a site hosted in Ireland.
    yea but Sully's in waterford.. Isn't that somewhere in Africa?

/runs

SteveC wrote: »
    yea but Sully's in waterford.. Isn't that somewhere in Africa?

/runs
    No, we wish it was somewhere in Africa.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And UTV are in N.Ireland though I am guessing they route through the i-nex. However, I wouldnt be surprised if that was part of the cause. Ever been in Rathmines when there is an accident on the quays? If connections at the top level are flooded, everything will seem slow, I've noticed some weird slowdowns around the net...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

DeVore wrote: »
    I've noticed some weird slowdowns around the net...

thats from santa flying about

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Didnt thiink of that DeV. UTV blamed it on their never ending faulty DNS servers but OpenDNS worked grand. Cheers anyway lads, all back to normal. :)

Oh and... Waterford rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh and... Waterford rocks.

Yes!

Third time today!

Well, Occam's Razor suggests a problem in their connection but I like complicated theoretical explanations :)

DeV.

Advertisement