Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I get private numbers?

• 24-12-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I tried using the seach function and didnt really see much. So i thought i'd post a new thread (Hope this is in the right place)

to sum it up in a few words my meteor phone is getting pranked lots. I used to have two phones but i stopped using my 087 and now its moved on to my 085.

last saturday night / early hours of sunday morning i got "pranked" 4 times around 4.30 to 5.30am then once again around 12noon afew hours later. Its getting to be a bit much. They just stay silent.

how do i go about getting this number who is doing this?
    i was told all different ways... write the times down on a paper, get it stamped by the guards then send it to meteor hq. but i ask the guards and they say ask meteor for a form get THAT stamped and then the guards can find the number. Then I asked meteor for a form and they said they dont send out no form...

urgh.

So anyone help me out?
    Its just a pity i dont know anyone who works in meteor who can help me out! Its not like i wanna use the guards to say "you better stop doing this" or some crap i just want the number so i know who it is because it was obviously someone who had both my numbers.

- thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

There is nothing Meteor can do in this case.

If you knew the numbers prank calling you then you could write a written request to have the numbers barred. That would then get signed by the Gardai and Meteor would bar the numbers.

In this case you need to report them to the Gardai for making threatening or abusive calls. If they decide to take a case against whoever this may be then they will escalate it accordingly and they will be able to request the numbers from Meteor but these numbers will not be made available to you due to data protection laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Sucks.

Well.. i have a friend who works in meteor. havent asked him yet. I might just. I'm just out to get the number dont really wanna ring up the guards. no point.

seriously is a joke when ya get these calls and theres nothing you can do about it. already changed numbers like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If you are roaming, you pay for the call. Therefore if you get an itemised list of call charges the number that called you will show up irrespective of whether it's witheld or not. This should work on pay as you go or contract.

Head up North for a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

wow,
    didnt know that actually. not that i would go up the north, lol.
    unless of course i routed my number through a northern phone lol ... like that would happen :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

If you are roaming, you pay for the call. Therefore if you get an itemised list of call charges the number that called you will show up irrespective of whether it's witheld or not. This should work on pay as you go or contract.

Head up North for a night.
    Ya I noticed this before, not that I ever pranked people but in my younger days it was the done thing not having your number turned on for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement