Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

land of leather stephens day sale

• 24-12-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

hi, i've seen in todays paper that land of leather are having a sale on stephens day with some good reductions. my question is this - are there usually a very small number of said items on sale, or can you walk in anytime during the sale and pick up said item without queuing at 5am ? I tried to call them today to ask, but they're closed. I wouldn't like to queue early in the morning to fight with fifteen people over one Sofa that's reduced, or for land of leather to tell me they're all gone, and would i be interested in one of their other unreduced items.

any tips/previous experience would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

hi, i've seen in todays paper that land of leather are having a sale on stephens day with some good reductions. my question is this - are there usually a very small number of said items on sale, or can you walk in anytime during the sale and pick up said item without queuing at 5am ? I tried to call them today to ask, but they're closed. I wouldn't like to queue early in the morning to fight with fifteen people over one Sofa that's reduced, or for land of leather to tell me they're all gone, and would i be interested in one of their other unreduced items.

any tips/previous experience would be appreciated.

I worked near a Land of Leather for a number years while at the same time preparing to buy a house. In that time I frequently browsed in Land of Leather. I noticed one occasion when their "one day only sale, massive reductions" resulted in absolutely no price changes whatsoever. It was just an advertising gimmick to get people into the shop. I don't know if this happens all the time, but it certainly happened on this one occasion.

Advertisement