Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkey at 180C roast potatoes at 220C ??

• 24-12-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

How do I work that one? I'm also going to roast the ham for half an hour but I'm going to take the turkey out(and put tinfoil over it) when I'm putting the ham in. Ham is suppose to go in at 200C. It's a fan assisted oven so maybe that wasn't taken into account with the ham and spuds. I could really do with someone clearing this up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Parboil the roasties for 10 mins drain and shake the pot a little so they get a little fluffy on the outside.
    When you take the bird and put the ham in put the roasting tray with oil/duck fat in the bottom.
    after 15 minutes of the ham roasting put the spuds into the hot oil and crank it up to 220.
    Take the meat out when it is done, the ham is only really getting a glazing in the oven so it is not supercritical.
    It won't hurt the meat to rest for 15 mins or more covered in foil it just allows the meat to relax and reabsorb the juices.
    Just make sure the roasties are done before you take them out, the above method makes them very crispy.

Advertisement