Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bin Collections (Clap clap fingal co. council!)

• 24-12-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Ours is meant to be tomorrow (Thursday, Christmas day).

Fingal stated on their collection calendar that arrangements were to be announced. Well done them on following through on this :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the story is? I had a look at last year's announcement and anything from Wednesday was collected the following Saturday. Will this be the same this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

I'm in Balbriggan and ours are getting collected saturday morning.

I phoned council about it the other day as last fri our brown bins were collected and it seems over half houses in our estate presumed the black one would be too so everyone has left their black bins out front of houses and the place looks terrible with overfull bins.
    And our bin tag was taken last friday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

arrangements were in all the local papers for the last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

all which local papers? Because we got the northside weekly and couldn't find it...

It wouldn't hurt to have it on the website either

north county leader was where i read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

all which local papers? Because we got the northside weekly and couldn't find it...

It wouldn't hurt to have it on the website either

This interweb thing'll never catch on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Maybe fingal followed through but oxygn didnt.

Were supposed to be collected friday 19th and nothing. Despite ringing them and fcc no joy despite plenty of promises and single greetings. Good to see the money we paid going to good use eh

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Maybe fingal followed through but oxygn didnt.

Were supposed to be collected friday 19th and nothing. Despite ringing them and fcc no joy despite plenty of promises and single greetings. Good to see the money we paid going to good use eh

Yeah exactly. All those fees to pay for a bin service that you're not sure you even have.

Incidentally, no collection today. Next bin day is new years day, thankfully we have been notified that it will be collected on new years day. Well done fingal. Forgot about us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

So when is the next brown and black collection going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Miss no stars there was a collection yesterday with fcc for the black bin?
    In balbriggan anyway in all the houses that are around dunnes...

They collected ours about 9.20am(i shot outta the bed and had to throw binman a tenner cos we had no tag and couldnt bear to look at overflowing bin for another week)...

I'm not in Balbriggan, in fact, you wouldn't realise that where I am is in Fingal at all (which is why fingal tend to forget we exist, actually)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

Not sure what is going on, but I rang Oxigen's Helpline number, and their main line, and got no answer or operator, Fingal's web site has nothing on it either.According to the calendar provided, brown+black should be collected today and green was to go yesterday. Now have 3 bins outside waiting for collection??

Our green bin was collected yesterday and we are due for the black and brown both to be collected tomorrow morning..

Well hopefully anyway. I am in balbriggan, where are you based?

Sellphone wrote: »
    Not sure what is going on, but I rang Oxigen's Helpline number, and their main line, and got no answer or operator, Fingal's web site has nothing on it either.According to the calendar provided, brown+black should be collected today and green was to go yesterday. Now have 3 bins outside waiting for collection??
    all the council and oxigens office staff are on holiday,back tomorrow 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Both FCC & Oxigen have provided households with calendars giving the dates for green, black & brown bin collections for the next 12 months. The Christmas dates were available on these.

oxigens supposed to be out of contract with the council,greyhound waste were supposed to take over from jan.1st.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Both FCC & Oxigen have provided households with calendars giving the dates for green, black & brown bin collections for the next 12 months. The Christmas dates were available on these.

No they weren't (Certainly not all of them anyway). Hence the problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

none where I live as well (close to balbriggan)

Got the calendars alright, but no show from Oxigen etc. Checked FCC's website again last night and can only see arrangements for Christmas 2007! Interesting about Oxigen handing over to Greyhound.:(
    I'm in the Oldtown area BTW.

RobFowl wrote:
    none where I live as well (close to balbriggan)

Maybe ye both threw the calendars into your recycle bin thinking that they were junk mail? (Pardon the pun.) :D

I have the calendars too but they dont show the christmas collection dates on them. It states that we will be informed of those... Which we werent.

• Advertisement

Maybe ye both threw the calendars into your recycle bin thinking that they were junk mail? (Pardon the pun.) :D

I suppose, working off your logic, ALL our neighbours must have done the exact same which is why NOBODY seems to know what the deal with Christmas collections this year is. Which is why I can stand here looking at the calendars that say the Christmas arrangements are to be notified? (The calendar is good til May btw). Actually here, have a look yourself, see if you can find the Christmas collection dates :rolleyes:

(note, brown bin last collected 11 December and next collected 08 January - ew).

Greyhound came around my estate and finallycollected green bins tonight. Fair play to them, no bother taking the extra stuff that couldnt fit in the bin after chrimbo. They knew the score and were fine about it. Cant ask for more than that

I suppose, working off your logic, ALL our neighbours must have done the exact same which is why NOBODY seems to know what the deal with Christmas collections this year is. Which is why I can stand here looking at the calendars that say the Christmas arrangements are to be notified? (The calendar is good til May btw). Actually here, have a look yourself, see if you can find the Christmas collection dates :rolleyes:

(note, brown bin last collected 11 December and next collected 08 January - ew).

FFS - It was a light-hearted post. Get that sense of humour of yours recycled into something a bit less frigid. Chillax! Happy New Year!!!

FFS - It was a light-hearted post. Get that sense of humour of yours recycled into something a bit less frigid. Chillax! Happy New Year!!!
    what was your last normal collection,say,xmas week?

greyhound are 2million a year cheaper than oxigen,maybe the council can reduce the annual charge significantly this year(not holding breath)

Have all the calendars,and the green bin was not collected when the calendar said it would nor the brown, nor the black.
    Eventually got an apology from FCC over the whole thing, after I got local representative to intervene.In that mail they say 20th was the last collection for black bins, and next one would be 8th Jan?? two and a half weeks at Christmas time?!?
    it is annoying that they assume everyone buys a paper. I don't buy one regularly. FCC had a notice on their web site last year, and none this year. They did have a telephone announcement that gave a date for black bins and which did not happen.
    C'est la vie.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We have a green bin collection calander which states the green bins would be collected on the 18th Dec. and then today the 3rd Jan. which they have been.
    Although in the past our green bins have sometimes sat outside for 2 days waiting to be collected.

Quick question was it greyhound ginny?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Nah was Oxigen.

• Advertisement

18th black,27th saturday,black and brown,jan 1st black,jan 8th brown,simple,was advertised in all the free newspapers that were delivered to our doors

Advertisement