Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testament Appreciaton thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Unreal band! TFOD is album of the year IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yet to hear it, i'm psyched for it actually. :D
    The New Order and Practice What You Preach were always my top albums by them, although nominal mention to The Ritual too.

Although the piss poor sound quality really tells us that PWYP needs a remaster in a bad way! :)

And The New Order, but I think the sound adds character. In saying that, I also absolutely love First Strike Still Deadly!

millington wrote: »
    And The New Order, but I think the sound adds character. In saying that, I also absolutely love First Strike Still Deadly!

Wasn't that on The Legacy?
    I actually still have my Testament all over print shirt from 1992, it's almost threadbare and still is worn with pride. :D

Edit - you meant the album, not the song, doh! ;)

Yeah the album.The song is First Strike IS Deadly.

• Advertisement

Yeah the album.The song is First Strike IS Deadly.

Yeah.
    Never bothered with that one, it was just a bunch of re-recordings without Skolnick and Clemente wasn't it?

And heres me thinking you were a die hard fan...:D Yea it's class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Never bothered with that one, it was just a bunch of re-recordings without Skolnick and Clemente wasn't it?

Actually Skolnick rejoined to record that album.

Passenger wrote: »
    Actually Skolnick rejoined to record that album.

Yeah, it was Greg Christian who was still out, him and Clemente, although both rejoined since that album, Clemente's stay was short lived.

And heres me thinking you were a die hard fan...:D Yea it's class!

I was, but when i heard Return To The Apocalyptic City in 1993, it sounded bloody awful, and the only Testament i had heard from 93-06 was The Gathering, which oddly enough was the album that got me back into them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

All hail testement. Bring on febuary :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's funny seeing Chuck Billy before all the hamburgers!

Great band. They apparently went downhill after the ritual, but I think its a pretty good album. Not their strongest, but definitely not their worst.

Do they have any plans to release remasters of their earlier albums, or will they ever bother having released FSSD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They put out First Strike Still Deadly because they couldn't get the rights to have the first two album remastered and re-released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

*appreciates immensely* Feb 10th will be life changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Love em to pieces. Can't wait till February!

What's the deal with their new album being around 28euro though?? Anyone know where it'd be cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Doctor J wrote: »
    They put out First Strike Still Deadly because they couldn't get the rights to have the first two album remastered and re-released.
    Aww, thats crap :(

Geranium wrote: »
    Love em to pieces. Can't wait till February!

What's the deal with their new album being around 28euro though?? Anyone know where it'd be cheaper?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=testament+damnation&x=0&y=0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

practice what you preach FTW :D.......are judas priest playing at the show in febuary?

Aww, thats crap :(

That was eight years ago though, i wouldn't totally rule it out before Megaforce/Atlantic cave in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

practice what you preach FTW :D.......are judas priest playing at the show in febuary?

Yeah, Testament, then Megadeth, then Judas Priest. Testament will be the band of the night though - they're amazing live. I've seen all of the the bands a few times. Megadeth are great, Priest are ok and Testament are fantastic. All in all should be a gig in a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Love Souls of Black and The Ritual.
    Really looking forward to Feb and like most it seems Testament will be the main attraction!

Nea wrote: »
    Love Souls of Black and The Ritual.
    Really looking forward to Feb and like most it seems Testament will be the main attraction!

Are tickets for this gig still on sale?, as i might actually make an effort to attend this one. :)

BUMP!!

They just played last night, keep appreciating!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

BUMP!!

They just played last night, keep appreciating!

And thoroughly enjoyable it as too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Great gig! Shame about the sound for Testament, but they still rocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

New reissues of the early releases coming this January....
    Just ahead of the gig in Dublin in April 18. :)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

Advertisement