Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games did you get for Christmas?

Options
  • 25-12-2008 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Getting GTA4 and the Orange Pack (mainly for Portal and TF2). Also got money put towards my last upgrade for this rig.

So... what have gotten for Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I bought myself two pre owned games

Bioshock Special Edition for 19.99 and Far Cry 2 for 24.99.

Also Red Alert 3 for PC, 25 euro in game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fable 2
    professor layton and the mysterious village
    tom clancys end war
    I also got a 50 euro voucher for gamestop so I mite buy left for dead or sumthing :).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nothing so far :(. So have spended alot of money allready, plus all bill came in and rent, i think no games for xmas for me :(. Ah well back to WoW...

Looking forward to budgetbin after Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

GTA4 xbox
    Soul Caliber 4 xbpx
    Fifa 09 xbox
    Sonic V Mario Olymics wii
    Guitar Hero World tour wii

Only weak one is Sonic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Fallout 3 and Crysis Warhead. Gonna leave Crysis till I finish Far Cry 2 but can't wait to get stuck into Fallout \o/.

Gah install faster dammit :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Herself got me the bundle pack Wireless Controller with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda for Xbox.

Its ok, had a quick blast on Indiana Jones, will do for some mindless gaming.

She also got me a Monopoly set, yay! Some ruthless board game dealings will be going on.

Hoping to get a game from the Kris Kringle as well, I left a list to choose from :)

Fable 2
    Grid
    some for of wrestling game (haven't had one in years, should be a bit of a larf)
    and a few others I can't remember now.

First year in a while I haven't gotten Need for Speed. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I bought myself Fallout 3 on the PC for 25 squid in Game. Only played 20 mins so far so all I've done is make my character a girl with fuschia hair and crawl around a bit. Have the hols to get properly stuck into it though :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I bought myself Tiger Woods 09, and Indiana Jones Lego for the playstation 2. Both equally class! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Got COD:WAW not very impressed so far!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got Dead Space for the 360

im seriously impressed with it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

okami: wii

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Got myself GTA4 PC about a week ago, and got Red Alert 3 from herself yesterday. Will muscle in on brothers 360 copy of CoD5 in a few days :) Also enjoying some Professor Layton on the side. I love gaming at Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

All for the Wii.

Bought No More Heroes for myself

Best friend got me Star Wars The Force Unleashed (I got him Far Cry 2 for the 360)

and the parents got me Guitar Hero World Tour with all the instruments, just about to have dinner now and everyone agreed to give it a go afterwards, should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bought two copies of Guitar hero world tour. One for my sisters with just the guitar and then the full band pack for the girlfriend.

Then bought myself a 360 and Fallout 3, GTA 4 & Dead Rising.

Also have 8 or so new games coming for my Arcade cabinet.

Shame I'm working every day but Christmas. No bloody time to play anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

No games, but vouchers for game stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

World at War and Hells Highway. Purposely left them until Christmas to stop be being distracted from exams, 'only' buying Left 4 Dead instead turned out to be a disastrous idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no games for me... ive pretty much got them all already tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Got PES 2009, Tiger Woods 09 and Gears of War for the 360. Can anyone recommend a game cos I have a gamestop voucher? I'm thinking maybe Far Cry 2 (cos I like shooters) or maybe Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Helix wrote: »

ALL of them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Helix wrote: »

Even Barbie Race N' Ride?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Even Barbie Race N' Ride?
    Especially Barbie Race 'N' Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Got Bioshock for the PS3. Very cool so far. Reminds me of Fallout 3 with the whole music and the whole 50's vibe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's a copy of COD:WaW somewhere in the post belonging to me, but An Post, shining examples of efficiency that they are, have lost it.

Borrowed GOW2 and FarCry 2 from a friend for the XBox (his RROD'd) and finished GOW2 last night. After being determined to not like it (hated the first one), I found it a very enjoyable game in truth. Gonna get stuck into Far Cry 2 a little bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Left 4 Dead and Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. Both for PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wished Id gotten left for dead :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I got GH:WT set and then Rockband game for the Wii and the drums are already broken >_< orange symbol doesnt work and everything seems awfully calibrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

No games for me. Probably better off as I have a backlog of about ten games I haven't played yet/only played once to play. That does include Far Cry 2.
    Played it once. I want to get back into it but never seem to be in the mood for it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Prince of Persia and Rock Band 2 here. RB2 does exactly what you expect, haven't had much time with PoP yet though (first twenty minutes are positive anyway, despite the Prince smarming it up a notch).

prince of persia anygood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

None, unless PoP counts (cos it came at beginning of Dec).

Advertisement