Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games did you get for Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

She also got me a Monopoly set, yay! Some ruthless board game dealings will be going on.
    Monopoly whilst drinking is great :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been hinting at guitar hero world tour for weeks and yet I get Gears of War 2 which I can't play becasue I've a broken thumb :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got Far Cry 2 and The Last Remnant on X360.

Now to head to the sales and get the games I didnt get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got a cool game in my stocking - yeah, I got a new system - just want I wanted. I got the best Mom, she rocks so hard, yeah - cool mom, cool game - yeah.

Jingle bells, jungle bells.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The Last Remnant on X360.

Is that anygood?was gonna buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is that anygood?was gonna buy it.

It's very good. Takes a good couple of hours to get used to the battle system, which tries new things and will be either a love or hate kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I got the two games I wanted - Fallout 3 and GTAIV (which seems to be running very well on my new-ish PC) - and two others I didn't expect. Just finished the Witcher Enhanced Edition main quest (given the 5 hours or so play I rack up each week, it took me more than a month and a half to finish it!) so will get stuck into GTA this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Girlfriend bought me Saints Row 2...

[wipes tear from eye] bless er...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got Left 4 Dead for the 360 and an Amiga CD32, which is really nice!
    Thanks Sis!

Well, actually, I got a CD32 controller, the actual console hasn't arrived yet!

• Advertisement

I got Mirrors Edge which is interesting, but I'm still hooked on Fallout :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I also got a €50 gift card for Gamestop, and there are some serious discounted games out there, for the €50 I'll probably get Mirrors Edge and Fallout 3, we'll have to see.
    Certainly HMV have some great deals, Katamari for the 360 at 16.99, very very good.
    I saw a preowned copy of Brothers In Arms on the PS3 for 19.99 in Xtravision and Mirrors Edge in Game for 24 quid, if only the gift voucher of mine could be used like a book token, in any games store, then all would be rosy, ah well....

Anyone else get tokened up this Christmas?
    What you going to spend it on if you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

zAbbo wrote: »
    I got a cool game in my stocking - yeah, I got a new system - just want I wanted. I got the best Mom, she rocks so hard, yeah - cool mom, cool game - yeah.

Jingle bells, jungle bells.
    I see what you did there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I got a GAME voucher so not sure what to go for...

Left4Dead, Deep space or Fallout 3 I reckon, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i didn't get any games for christmas but treated myself to:

little big planet (ordered online on xmas eve for 22 euro, never read a review or any hype).

street fighter on the playstation store
    mega man on the playstation store
    wipeout HD on the playstation store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I bought myself the new Football Manager.

Red Alert 3 and Fallout 3 are both tempting me atm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I bought myself two pre owned games

Bioshock Special Edition for 19.99 and Far Cry 2 for 24.99.

Also Red Alert 3 for PC, 25 euro in game.
    smyths have a good games sale 2moro,far cry 2 brand new 29.99

I got 4,mostly what i wanted games:P Silent hill homecoming,saints row 2,Prince of Persia and Resistance 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Got a Wii - will probably keep it just so I don't have the hassle/disappointment of asking the giver to return it. Sure it will be good for a bit of craic with the family?... twice a year?... maybe?

... nothing I'm exactly burning with desire to play on it, though.

Hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I got gears of war 1 & 2, farcry2 and fifa09 :D all for xbox

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fnz wrote: »
    Got a Wii - will probably keep it just so I don't have the hassle/disappointment of asking the giver to return it. Sure it will be good for a bit of craic with the family?... twice a year?... maybe?

... nothing I'm exactly burning with desire to play on it, though.

Hmmm....

No more heroes, mario galaxy, de blob, Smash Bros?

It's a decent console if you bother looking the good games to play on it and there are quite a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Puzzle quest & loco roco 2 for the psp
    POP & bully for the 360
    <3 buying stuff for myself, kind of hard to end up with an unwanted gift!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anybody else get proffessor layton for the ds? Im enjoying it lots,some of the puzzles really make think hard to try and solve them,its fun all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Im still trying to finish MGS4 but am also addicted to the BAL mode on PES 2009. It is so infuriating and timewasting yet I keep saying one more game...just til I get promoted anyway...

I also have VC, F3 and LBP to open. Finally I got an unexpected RA3 for the PC which is great although I also haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Didn't get any games for christmas but got myself:
    Fallout 3
    Guitar Hero World Tour full band set
    And Rock Band 2 is somewhere in the post
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I got Mirrors Edge which is interesting, but I'm still hooked on Fallout :D

I got the above also and in the same boat. Was awake playing fallout until 5am st steven's morning. Between fallout, mirrors edge, tomb raider, gta4 (all gotten in past two weeks) and street fighter hd it is going to be a busy gaming period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No more heroes, mario galaxy, de blob, Smash Bros?

It's a decent console if you bother looking the good games to play on it and there are quite a few.

It's a machine that might get pulled out when (if) Nintendo bother to update a character's adventure. Unless family is over, then it's Wii Sports/Play. :p

I have access to Mario Galaxy on a friend's Wii should I want to play it some more. Couldn't get into the nicely offbeat Killer 7, so am wary of No More Heroes. Liked the look of de Blob from the box art but some gameplay videos left me cold. I'm not a fan of Smash Bros. on the Cube - doubt this update is significantly different.

Also: Bored of Zelda (played both Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass), Mario Cart, like Mario Party is often a game of luck and feels more like a procession than a race. I prefer WipEout to F-Zero.

Mad World is one interesting-looking game on the horizon, at least.

I'm probably just spoilt for choice at the moment: have a new-ish PC and other consoles that are being neglected so I'm uncertain of the value I'll get out of the Wii. Know what I'm sayin'?

Thanks for the suggestions though. :)

Well No more Heroes is very different to Killer 7. It's a lot more conventional, very easy to get into unlike Killer 7. It's one of the best and funniest games I've played this year.

It just gets on my nerves when people say there is nothing on the Wii when there is if you look hard enough. It won't be beating the big consoles or PC but there's a few gems on it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The Wii has a few but after the ones below I can't think of anything I be interested in. But its deffo the weakest platform out there in my opinion. Same old Nintendo, a handful of masterpieces each generation coupled with very few decent third party titles.

Super Mario Galaxy
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (The first two are being remade for the Wii)
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    Resident Evil 4
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Wii Sports
    Okami
    Bully Scholarship Edition
    No More Heroes
    De Blob
    Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
    PES 2008 (2009 coming soon)

4 of those games are on other platforms though.
    I reckon a new Zelda in 2009.
    Finally that Mad World looks quite mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Azza wrote: »
    The Wii has a few but after the ones below I can't think of anything I be interested in. But its deffo the weakest platform out there in my opinion. Same old Nintendo, a handful of masterpieces each generation coupled with very few decent third party titles.

Super Mario Galaxy
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (The first two are being remade for the Wii)
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    Resident Evil 4
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Wii Sports
    Okami
    Bully Scholarship Edition
    No More Heroes
    De Blob
    Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
    PES 2008 (2009 coming soon)

4 of those games are on other platforms though.
    I reckon a new Zelda in 2009.
    Finally that Mad World looks quite mad.
    How could they possibly be so slow on bringing out PES2009 when it has been out on all other platforms for months? Not doing themselves any favours there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So spending far more time playing Far Cry 2 than I thought I would, how on earth did this get so much criticism?? Its amazing, looks amazing, plays amazing, did I mention it looks amazing??

Its almost Boiling Point 2 minus all the bugs of BP1.

Plus The Last Remenant is great, hard to get into and can realy swing around and take you roughly from behind in some battles.

Advertisement