Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games did you get for Christmas?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

greetings wrote: »
    How could they possibly be so slow on bringing out PES2009 when it has been out on all other platforms for months? Not doing themselves any favours there.

It's completely different from the other console versions and is made by a different team. I actually prefer that they are putting effort into the wii version because it is far and away the best footie game other than in online play.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't know about best footie game. Yes controlling the player off the ball was something new and interesting (FIFA 09 on the PC has it as well now) and the penalty system is much better. But at the same time shooting, headers, and free kicks are poor compared to the other versions. Defending is much poorer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Got;

Gears of War 2 Limited Edition: Brilliant. Not much new from GoW1 but that was also brilliant anyway so really enjoyin the second chapter. Got this for 50e in Smyths

COD4 (X360). Got this preowned for 15e. Unfortunately, it seems to freeze after i start the training. Has done this a number of times so i'm gonna have to get this exchanged. Seems a good fps though. Am expectin great things after all the talk

FarCry2 (Ps3): Have'nt played much of this but it seemd pretty good. Beautiful graphics and seems a lot deeper than the other two above. Expectin the single player in this top last a good bit longer than the others

Kung Fu Panda(x360):, Have'nt played this yet and i aint expectin much. Got it free anyway

Lego indiana Jones (X360): Got this free too and have'nt played it yet either. Am expectin it to be a bit of fun and an easy 1000 Gamerscore. Same goes for Kung Fu Panda

Ia lso got a DS3(Got this for 50e in Zavvi) for my ps3. That is a big improvement over the Sixaxis. Still prefer the 360 controller though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Used my gamestop voucher to pick up Halo 3 and got Far Cry 2 in HMV (for 26euro, not bad eh?). Really enjoying the multiplayer on Halo 3. It's addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

got spore on mac :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Lego indiana Jones (X360): Got this free too and have'nt played it yet either. Am expectin it to be a bit of fun and an easy 1000 Gamerscore. Same goes for Kung Fu Panda

Haven't played Indy yet, but if Lego Star Wars is anything to go by, you'll have to dedicate a LOT of time to it to get the full 1000 points.
    SW had lots of achievements for finishing a level without dying, combine that with the wonky controls of the series and you've got a recipie for frustration!

Advertisement