Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make my screen darker? Need accessory!

• 25-12-2008 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I've got a Nokia n95 8GB and even on the lowest setting the screen is sometimes too bright in a dark environment. e.g. cinema, gig

Any ideas what I could get for this to dim the light from the screen?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Forgot all about this.

Try a dark theme like 'Like Haze'!
    It's kind of, well, hazy, and very easy on the eyes. Also less offensive in darkish environments!

http://www.symbianthemes.us/free,nokia/10191,like_haze_v2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I wonder if one can tint a screen protector... hmmm

Don't use it in a cinema. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

strecker wrote: »
    Forgot all about this.

Try a dark theme like 'Like Haze'!
    It's kind of, well, hazy, and very easy on the eyes. Also less offensive in darkish environments!

http://www.symbianthemes.us/free,nokia/10191,like_haze_v2/

A different theme .. never thought of that ... sorta happy with the one I have. Will keep this as an option though.
    Karoma wrote: »
    I wonder if one can tint a screen protector... hmmm

Don't use it in a cinema. ¬_¬

Maybe an accessory was a bit much to ask ... I guess maybe even a piece of software would do the trick?

As for not using it in the cinema .. sometimes the film really is that sh!te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Random wrote: »
    As for not using it in the cinema .. sometimes the film really is that sh!te!

Then leave and don't be annoying everyone else who is trying to enjoy the movie by messing with your phone. I generally take great pleasure in watching people who use their phones during a film get thrown out. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

id say the greatest option would be to make a pouch for it by stretching out some tights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Soundman wrote: »
    Then leave and don't be annoying everyone else who is trying to enjoy the movie by messing with your phone. I generally take great pleasure in watching people who use their phones during a film get thrown out. :D

I'd rather sit in a comfy cinema then out in the car waiting on my mates who are still watching the film. I'm trying to find something here which lets me use my phone without disturbing others with the light. Anyway, using a phone in a cinema is another story for another thread ... this isn't specifically in the cinema.
    mawk wrote: »
    id say the greatest option would be to make a pouch for it by stretching out some tights.

What a bizzare idea ... might be mad enough to try out though :)

I'll pop into Dunnes tomorrow and ask one of the girls in ladyswear if they have tights to fit my n95 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Random wrote: »

I'll pop into Dunnes tomorrow and ask one of the girls in ladyswear if they have tights to fit my n95 :D
    but not too tight - the slider needs 'play' ;)

Advertisement