Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold piercing pain, a week on

• 25-12-2008 5:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭

Got my scaffold pierced on Saturday(20th) and it's the 25th now.

Ever since I got it done, it's like a constant stinging, a bit itchy, kinda red and slightly swollen around the pierced area. Pretty bad pain if something accidently touches it, when I smile my ear moves and also stings.

I've been doing once daily sea-salt soaks, not playing with it and not sleeping on it. As recommended by my piercer.

Is this normal? I know I'm probably overreacting about it, but I can't help but worry.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Have you been in good health as of late?
    drinking alcohol?

There are so many factors not just cleaning regime for healing.

When the studio reopens get em to throw 2 barbells in, in place of the long barbell. Usually easier to heal than the 1 long bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Will wrote: »
    Have you been in good health as of late?

On Sunday I came down with something, getting sick etc. Now it's just turned into a bad cough, could this be a factor?

yup, my stretched piercings can get very annoyed when im sick. try weather the cold and take lots of vitamins etc to try get back on track asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

I thought putting two barbells in made it harder to put the one long bar in later as the piercings move slightly without the bar to keep them in line.

Blue, probably wrong but wondering.

Seraphicblue - depends, if you can estimate how much they will move and pierce them in accordance they will line up no bother when they've healed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

you can ESTIMATE dat s**t?
    COOOOL
    :):)

It's what I've been told yeah, mainly die to the cartillage in one's ear. it's a plate and once pierced shifts due to the new hole being created. interesting or wha!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

ive a few cartiledge piercings and from my experience a week later and they were still up and swollen, last one i got done was my rook and id say it was about a month and a bit til it went down normal sized!

Advertisement