Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Irelands history effect the outcome of lisbon

Options
  • 25-12-2008 6:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Does the board think that irelands history plays a big part in the huge rift between yes and no voters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I realise that I'm probably mistaken in humouring this, but I don't believe that there isn't a 'huge rift' between Ireland's pro- and anti- Lisbon Treaty factions. Strong disagreement, yes, but comparing this with the Civil War here is very much mistaken. That was a complex issue, and involved the threat of direct military intervention from the side the treaty was being made with if the treaty hadn't been passed here.

I know from previous posts that you're pushing a 'yes' vote agenda but it probably won't be served by referencing the Irish Civil War. It's just completely inappropriate, in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Our history ha snothing to do with us not being able to understand a complex legal document.

Advertisement