Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIG P250

Options
  • 25-12-2008 6:50am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just finished reading the review of this... well... I'll call it a pistol, in "American Rifleman." Fascinating concept from a manufacturer.

I mentioned once the concept of customization in firearms. No longer is a rifle always going to be an identifiable shape and size. SIG have taken it to extremes. My 2340 just requires 30 seconds and a drop-in barrel to go from a .40S&W to a 357SIG, but this is the idea taken in extremis.

This is the SIG P250
    02.jpg

It's sold as a double-action-only pistol, but that's about as much as you can say for it. It's a 3.1" 9mm and a 4.7" .45ACP. It's a wide-gripped .40S&W and a small-framed 357SIG. It's got a serial number, hammer, trigger, and slide rails. Everything else is an optional extra.

For example, you can get a polymer frame including a grip of whatever size you want for about $30. Barrels and slides are a little pricier, you'll be paying $250 or so. But you can choose whatever size/combination/calibre you want, and you can interchange everything to go from a sub-compact 9mm to a full-sized .45ACP in under five minutes.

A fascinating idea. I don't know if it's really going to take off in the US as it may be as simple to just buy a different pistol for each requirement. But in some places like Europe, where you get taxed/licensed/whatever or just are simply limited in numbers of firearms you can own, they really are onto something.

The Garda Licenscing and Importation Bureau (Or whoever) are going to have a rare aul' time with this one.

NTM

Advertisement