Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up Modem For Wireless When Already set to wired

Options
  • 25-12-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Got broadband about 2 months ago and at the time hadnt a laptop so set it up (BT Voyager 2110) up via wired connection. Now santy has delivered a laptop to the house it wont connect to the internet wirelessly - i set up a friends eircom broadband via wireless and i had to type in the WPA code. I didnt do that with my own (it never prompted me to) so what do i have to do??

I cant find the files to uninstall it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dlambirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Got broadband about 2 months ago and at the time hadnt a laptop so set it up (BT Voyager 2110) up via wired connection. Now santy has delivered a laptop to the house it wont connect to the internet wirelessly - i set up a friends eircom broadband via wireless and i had to type in the WPA code. I didnt do that with my own (it never prompted me to) so what do i have to do??

I cant find the files to uninstall it.

I am not sure what you want to uninstall?

Is the wireless turned on in your router?

Is the wireless turned on on the laptop?

Keying in the WPA allows you access to a wireless network it has nothing at all to do with the actual wireless set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I just done exactly what you need to do a few days .

Cant remember the exact procedure , but you may need the following :

Start Internet Browser and type in the following IP address : http://192.168.1.1

You will also need your user name and password .........you user name will be like this eg. [EMAIL="username@btbb"]username@btbb[/EMAIL] Make sure you use btbb after your user name

Your incoming mail account will be ( mail.iol.ie )

Your outgoing mail account will be ( mail2.iol.ie )

It will be a POP3 server .

The security key is the number which is on the stamp underneath your BT Voyager 2110 (Which you are using for your desktop pc )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I just done exactly what you need to do a few days .

Cant remember the exact procedure , but you may need the following :

Start Internet Browser and type in the following IP address : http://192.168.1.1

You will also need your user name and password .........you user name will be like this eg. [EMAIL="username@btbb"]username@btbb[/EMAIL] Make sure you use btbb after your user name

Your incoming mail account will be ( mail.iol.ie )

Your outgoing mail account will be ( mail2.iol.ie )

It will be a POP3 server .

The security key is the number which is on the stamp underneath your BT Voyager 2110 (Which you are using for your desktop pc )

If the op has been using the bb wired then all those settings will already be in place.

What he appears to want to do is access the wireless network with his laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

dub45 wrote: »
    If the op has been using the bb wired then all those settings will already be in place.

Well he will certainly need to use the security key number that is underneath the wireless modem

He could go to control panel ... connections ... add a connection and then follow some of the steps above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I figured it out on xmas day......thanks though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement