Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sooo, what time were you dragged out of bed this Xmas morning?

Options
  • 25-12-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Despite my youngest being 13, she's a very young at heart 13 too I was first woken at 02:15am and dragged from the pit at 5am for pressies!.

I thought that passes when they're teens :D

But I loved it, its like holding onto Christmas for one more year!.

I looked outside and seen there were other lights on around me so I know I wasn't the only one up at that ungodly hour.

How about you guys?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

7am :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The youngest in my house, my brother, is 17. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I get a nice lie in on Christmas morning.

My 21 year old sister was awake since 3 and started calling me and ringing bells in my ear at half 6.

You might have another 10 years of that ahead of you Mairt, if my family are anything to go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

5.18 ...... was only just about asleep! Still, it's good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

man, that's good to hear. i'd regularly be awake from about 4am. parents made a rule when i was about 6 that we werent allowed out of bed until 6am. basically every year i lived there, twas 6am. rang my folks there (im in nz now), about 9am irish time, and woke them, apparently my younger bro and sis (18 and 15) are still asleep. so i gave them an hour of catching up on the phone, and then demanded that now that the folks were awake, to go and wake those lazy ass siblings up.

... and im the bleedin grinch of hte family....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Avns1s wrote: »
    5.18 ...... was only just about asleep! Still, it's good fun!

Felt like that to me too.

I went out for a few beers last night, I love Christmas eve beers - everyone in great form and the Christmas hits playing in the background!.

Came home, scoffed a few ham sambo's and a few more beers - YUM YUM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Got to bed at 03:00, got woken at 09:30. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

herself rang me at 10 o clock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i got in at 3:30, was asleep around 4... then my niece woke me up at 5..

If i wasnt woken up, id say id would be up around 6 (im 25). everyone milks christmas, i dont see my love of it going any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

hurray.. Santa was good to us and let us sleep in til 7.30am this morning. The norm is that the youngest is up anytime between 6 and 7. He had to be woken by his big sister this morning:D Happy day, happy house, happy but tired mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

8:30 which is about average but we had to drag the 10 year old out of bed.
    I did go back mind and got another hour and was rewarded with breakie in bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I was first up, at 8 am. I had to drag the kids out of bed (girls aged 9 and 11). They were shattered from fighting with me and staying up too late on Christmas Eve. :pac: The boys (13 and 15) are too cool to fight and get up a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

we told our little girl, that when she woke she had to feel the stocking at the end of her bed to check if Santa had left anything, if it had something in it then and only then could she get up... this worked great in her going to bed, went up at 9, conked by 10 past...

then came 5.11AM :eek: and the madness began... AAAAAHHHHH... MOMMY, SANTA CAME!!! was the roar I awoke to...

She held her own all day yesterday and started fading about 7.30 last night.. the trooper that she is!! I was never so glad to get to bed last night. Had the sleep of the Gods!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Got to bed 2 am Christmas Eve and heard 18,16 and 15 year old downstairs at 7. Went back to sleep until 9.30 when 5 year old got up. I'm wrecked today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She's only a baby ;) so I fed her at 6am and got asleep till 10 and got up, gave her a cuddly toy and put her in her little Mrs. Claus dress that was too big on her...

Then we went to her great grandmothers house to meet the family and then to her grandmothers and grandfathers for christmas dinner and some drinks... Granny looked after her last night (we stayed over) and I had my first drink since the birth of my child... jebus christ I never slept so well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

6am by an over excited 4 year old who woke the entire house (1year old, me, daddy and 26 year old auntie who was staying with us) by screeching at the top of his voice "WAS SANTA HERE YET, CAN I OPEN MY PRESENTS, I NEED THE POTTY" lol, he didnt know what to do first open his presents and wee on himself or go to the potty first .... luckely thats why mommy told him what to do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mairt wrote: »
    Despite my youngest being 13, she's a very young at heart 13 too I was first woken at 02:15am and dragged from the pit at 5am for pressies!.

I thought that passes when they're teens :D

Oh no it doesn't! ;)
    My oldest sister lived at home until she was in her early 20's and she was always the first up, jumping up and down on our beds getting us up!
    If someone is young at heart, the excitement of Christmas morning will keep going well beyond teen years.

I'm the youngest (19) and since she moved out it's my job to get everyone up. However this Christmas I was so tired from being up wrapping presents at 3-4 a.m that I crawled out of bed at about quarter past 10.

My other sister is hopeless - if World War III happened in the morning she'd sleep through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

10 o'clock!! Our wee man is 3 and a half.. He called me in to get him, we went in, he was lying there with a big tired head on him. I had to remind him about the possibility of presents - he woke up fairly lively then, I tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Duplicate post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

We woke at nine thanks to my husbands alarm, and eventually went in to our son's room to wake him at half nine and he was NOT impressed! He's sixteen months old btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

2 and a half yr old girl,

been telling her all about santa all month and for a few days she was getting up at 5 and 6 expecting santa, she has no notion of days etc tried the so many sleeps to santa" didnt work lol.

come the big day she stayed in bed till mammy pulled her out at 7, she wasnt moving for fear of disappointment until news filtered through that the was something downstairs, cue rush past mammy ran down the stairs to bit WOW when entering the living room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

We have a 14 month old girl, so no notion of who santa is. Anyways we got her up at 7. She was very excited as she loves ripping paper lol. I think we were more excited with some of her presents that she was :D

Advertisement