Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRT54GL and ESAT DSL

Options
  • 25-12-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Anyone have this combo?

Even if you don't, can anyone recommend a dsl modem to which I can connect the router?

I'm currently using a Zyxel modem/router and I thought the WRT54GL would do the same job but now that it's arrived I realise it's just a router. So I need to get a seperate modem to fill the gap. By the way, the Zyxel is faulty so that's why I'm replacing it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Any dsl modem/router should be ok.

Lots of people praise the vigor http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor110.htmlalthough having given it a go it didnt like my not too healthy line at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

an eircom netopia will do to

on the wan interface of the WRT54 set ip address 192.168.1.100 and dns 192.168.1.100 and gateway 192.168.1.100

the wan settings for a zyzel would be ip address 192.168.1.100 and dns 192.168.1.1 and gateway 192.168.1.1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dont forget you wil have to set up your new modem with sign in password etc.

Advertisement