Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lyons of Limerick -Volvo

Options
  • 25-12-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

I said i'd come on this just incase anyone is passing Lyons and confirm that i wasn't seeing things lol. Nice fleet of new Volvo's outside his door.

News to me.

Merry Christmas to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I said i'd come on this just incase anyone is passing Lyons and confirm that i wasn't seeing things lol. Nice fleet of new Volvo's outside his door.

News to me.

Merry Christmas to all

Yep seen that yesterday evening, just thought they took a few as trade-ins but it was dark so didn't notice they were brand new. Makes sense since most Volvos use Ford underpinings these days anyways. Will be getting the Focus serviced there next month, would be interested to see what price difference there is between getting a Focus TDCi and a S40 diesel serviced considering they are the same car underneath?

What will happen to Elm Motors now? No Mitsubishi from last month and now no Volvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daraghmack

Yeah Elm lost the franchise and Lyons have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did the trailer unloading those the other day but there were fords on it at the front. I figured he was just getting the Volvo's out of the way.

Heck, if you wanted a 2009 Volvo and Elm were not going to order you one then surely somebody would be happy to oblige. Money is Money.

BUT, they do not have the space for Volvo on that lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Lyons will have to go multi storey , i was there looking at a car there last August & the place was chocker block, no value to be got though, prices above average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Pretty stupid appointing a Ford dealer as Volvo may no longer be part of the group over the coming year. It is also severely diluting the brand and doing nothing for people's perception of Volvo's being nothing more than rebodied Focus' and Mondeo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

VolvoMan wrote: »
    It is also severely diluting the brand and doing nothing for people's perception of Volvo's being nothing more than rebodied Focus' and Mondeo's.

You may have a point. However it does make sense to have a "premium" brand alongside Ford in the showroom ... that's if you consider Volvo a premium brand. What does a Ford dealer sell to a company director, for example, other than a fleet of Transits ? A top of the range Mondeo is still a Mondeo (not that there is anything wrong with a Mondeo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

lifer_sean wrote: »
    You may have a point. However it does make sense to have a "premium" brand alongside Ford in the showroom ... that's if you consider Volvo a premium brand. What does a Ford dealer sell to a company director, for example, other than a fleet of Transits ? A top of the range Mondeo is still a Mondeo (not that there is anything wrong with a Mondeo).

The Focus and Mondeo are both fine cars by all means. But having an executive car based on a run-of-the-mill family car from a class below seriously dents it's appeal for me personally.

Volvo are and should be an individual brand that stood independent for over seventy years and be recognised for much more than being Ford's luxury sub-brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VolvoMan wrote: »
    The Focus and Mondeo are both fine cars by all means. But having an executive car based on a run-of-the-mill family car from a class below seriously dents it's appeal for me personally.

Volvo are and should be an individual brand that stood independent for over seventy years and be recognised for much more than being Ford's luxury sub-brand.

In fairness Audi have been doing this for a couple of decades now and it hasn't done them or VW any harm.

Advertisement