Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers Allowance on New Years Day??

• 25-12-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I get my jobseekers allowance on a Thursday, I got it last week for two-weeks (as Christmas Day is on a Thursday).... so my next payment should be New Years Day.....

I just checked AnPost website there and they're closed on New Years Day!

Anyone know when or how I can get the payment??

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

you'll be able to collect it early prob mon or tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Call in on Monday and if you don't get it then you will be told when to come back.
    Most likely it'll be Monday or Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

gary82 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I get my jobseekers allowance on a Thursday, I got it last week for two-weeks (as Christmas Day is on a Thursday).... so my next payment should be New Years Day.....

Go in on Monday and see what the poster on the wall says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the post office today. I could go tomorrow but I'd need to know.. I'm visiting family at the moment and it's a bit of a trek! I'll be there Wednesday anyway. Hopefully it'll come through and won't result in endless hours waiting at the social welfare office again! After 9weeks I'm still getting processed too, these payments are from the Community Welfare Officer, so I don't know who I'd go looking to!

It's ridiculous there isn't a note on the welfare website about Christmas payments!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

My mate went in today to get hers but there was nothin there? She got the double week the week before christmas but got payment last tuesday to,but nothing this week :/ is there an actual double payment due to it being christmas,or is that double payment just incase the office is closed?figured this is good a place as any to ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Pick up the phone and call your post office if you cannot go in. AFAIK, and don't quote me on this, thursday payments will be made on the Wednesday.

Pick up the phone and call your post office

I tried that during the week.... they never answer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 vtec_vinni

anyone get theres today?

Post office is closed today!

I got today's yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

how long have you been on the dole mate? you been on over 390 days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement