Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footstar- Football Career Game

Options
  • 25-12-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

http://www.footstar.org/

Just thought I should post a link to this game, basically you are one of the thousands of players from around the world, and you lead a career as a footballer from being a 17 year old prospect to playing for Ireland in the world cup, fairly simple, it's not one of those games you need to log onto 24/7, in fact 15 minutes twice or three times a week would probably suffice. Though it's worth reading the game rules at the start.

Ireland currently has 134 players, and 7 teams, Munster, Your Face United, Hoopfiend Hooligans, Dynamo Dublin, St. Pats, Kinsale and Craggy Island[my team :D] And there also is the option of playing abroad, but Ireland is worth staying in, theres always a few posts in the forums.

As a new player you'll probably be paid something around €1,500 a week, depending on your manager, but equally that wage will increase as your manager sees fit, you spend your money investing in personal trainers or alternatively a player can blow all of their money on items like boats and personal jets.

Getting onto the U18 NT isn't too hard if you train well, especially if your a keeper;), and currently there are a lot of Irish teams looking for youngsters seeing as U19 youth leagues are going to be introduced in 7 weeks or so, which would guarantee all new players a match everyweek. The game is only 2 years old so it's always developing.

This game is free, fun and needs no downloads, I think it is also the only football game of it's kind on the internet. It's well worth a go.

It takes 3 days to validate an account for registering though, which is a bit slow, but when you join you'll be guaranteed that any Irish team would more than welcome you into there squad. Who knows if enough of you join maybe someone could set up a boards.ie team :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

How are the games played?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

DSB wrote: »
    How are the games played?

Games are played out like championship manager,as a manager I can watch the games in 2d, but players only get to see live match reports, like hattrick and many other online games.

You don't physically control your players, like PES or FIFA, as it'd be impossible to get the 22 players from both teams to log on at the same time, but you can set orders for your player which alter their style of play and decision making.

Advertisement