Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knock to gatwick

Options
  • 25-12-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

probably more suited to the mayo forum, but also has to be good news for the NW, with aer lingus recent anouncement of the return of their knock to gatwick route, finnally an alternative to ryanair following the departure of XL, without the need to travel to the capital or belfast, delighted from a personal point of view, as travel to london 2 to 3 times a year, and prefer gatwick or heathrow as find them much more conveinent and aer lingus where you are treated much more like a customer

hopefully should bring much needed revenue to the region, considering the times we are in

linky
    Ireland West Airport Knock today, Friday 19th December 2008, is delighted to welcome Aer Lingus’s return to the West of Ireland following agreement to commence an Aer Lingus London Gatwick service in April 2009. The decision will provide the Airport and the region with interlining capabilities connecting business interests and tourism traffic in both directions. It will add an additional127, 000 annual seat capacity at Ireland West Airport Knock increasing its share of the Irish regional market to the UK to almost 20%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You do realise that Aer Arann fly from Galway, Knock, Sligo and Donegal, both to Dublin and other places?

http://www.aerarann.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i do, have used them, but having a major airline, competition to ryanair, connected to a european hub, has to be extra benifit to the region, and its population

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

irish-stew wrote: »
    i do, have used them, but having a major airline, competition to ryanair, connected to a european hub, has to be extra benifit to the region, and its population

+1. And won't it be interesting to see how they will compete:)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Aer Arann dropped Sligo - Manchester, only Knock/Sligo to Dublin now, and their flights seem to be canceled every-time I use them, so the more competition the merrier in my book.

Advertisement