Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E66,N79 or N85

• 25-12-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,

I am considering getting one of these three phones over the next week or so because my N70 is past its best days, I just have a few questions.

If I was to buy one of these three phones sim free off ebay from england is there a possibility that it would not work on the Vodafone 3G network here in Ireland?? Basically is there a way for Vodafone to lock phone models they are not selling off their network here??

Also if I was to buy one of these from england I am assuming it would come preloaded with Nokia Maps for England is there a way to download the Maps for Ireland for free so that I can use the phone as a navigator

Cheers in advance for the replies

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

bazcaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I am considering getting one of these three phones over the next week or so because my N70 is past its best days, I just have a few questions.

If I was to buy one of these three phones sim free off ebay from england is there a possibility that it would not work on the Vodafone 3G network here in Ireland?? Basically is there a way for Vodafone to lock phone models they are not selling off their network here??

Also if I was to buy one of these from england I am assuming it would come preloaded with Nokia Maps for England is there a way to download the Maps for Ireland for free so that I can use the phone as a navigator

Cheers in advance for the replies

Baz

You can download the nokia maploader to your pc and download maps for whatever part of the world and sync to your phone. Free of charge!
    A simfree phone from the uk will work with vodafone!
    You'll just need to get internet, mms, and emailsettings. Again, nokia.com can sms those settings to you.
    I have 2 phones that were never available on vodafone. It's no problem. Only if you want customer care to help you, you won't get far. But your 3 options are all bog standard nokia s60 devices, so you'll be just fine!

Advertisement