Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3g jailbreak/unlock related question

Options
  • 25-12-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that O2 has brought the iPhone 3g 8gb onto prepay recently and I was thinking of getting one. It was printed on the leaflet I picked up in store that indicate along the lines - unlocking it may render the phone useless

The thing that's stopping me at the moment is that I'm still a little bit sceptical about what if during the process of jailbreak/unlocking it to become sim free, something is messed up and I end up having a useless albeit very expensive phone/brick/paper weight.

One friend did mentioned that if that happens, simply perform a restore and everything is back to as if the first day being bought from store. Is that true?

I hope maybe some iphone owners out there who may have gone through this and shed some light on this issue

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

iPhone 3G can't be unlocked (yet), jailbreak is harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sighface

Iphone 3g can be unlocked using a TurboSim which is a small sim card like device that can be placed under the sim card easily found on ebay. there will be a software unlock for any iphones running on the 2.1 software which will be released on new years eve by the Iphone Dev Team (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)

Advertisement