Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pc tools internet security suite 2009 - free 1 year subscription

• 25-12-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

i came across this in a magazine i purchased recently, if you download the program from here,

http://www.pctools.com/internet-security/

install it and do a restart

then go to the link below and register and insert the promo code WJSF4L

www.tinyurl.com/regpctools

they will email you back a registration code to enter when you open the pc tools program, this code is valid for up to 3 pc's for 1 year with full tech support the lot !!!!

dont forget to disable your other antivirus/firewall programs firstly so you do not have a clash.

hey presto you have just saved £50 sterling . happy days !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Thanks,my years sub. of AVG Pro is just about up will give this a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Good find. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

It says you need the cover disc from the mag to instal; is this the case? I don't want to uninstal my antivirus/spyware etc and then have to set it all up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

bmaxi wrote: »
    It says you need the cover disc from the mag to instal; is this the case? I don't want to uninstal my antivirus/spyware etc and then have to set it all up again.

i spent a good 5 mins trying to find it on the cover disc , maybe im thick but i couldnt find it !!, so i downloaded it from the link provided, and installed it with no problems , im not really sure why they say you need the program from the disc because you dont, the download from the link worked just fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

daftdave wrote: »
    i spent a good 5 mins trying to find it on the cover disc , maybe im thick but i couldnt find it !!, so i downloaded it from the link provided, and installed it with no problems , im not really sure why they say you need the program from the disc because you dont, the download from the link worked just fine for me.

OK thanks, I'll have a go at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I've tried to register this a few times and it keeps telling me that the 'unique codes did not match'. One of the codes required is just to copy letters and numbers supplied into a box - the other is the promotional code above. I've been meticulous with both every time. Any chance there's an error in the promo code supplied above?
    I've used a free trial of PC Tools stuff before and found it great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I've tried to register this a few times and it keeps telling me that the 'unique codes did not match'. One of the codes required is just to copy letters and numbers supplied into a box - the other is the promotional code above. I've been meticulous with both every time. Any chance there's an error in the promo code supplied above?

Try a couple of times. Didnt work for me first time. The code above is fine. TY OP.

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Its Case Sensitive (the code in the image)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Tried another few times and same error (even with case sensitive) but it finally worked :) Maybe just a bit temperamental at this time of year :D Thanks to all, especially daftdave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zen15

worked fine for me, use cut and paste rather than typing the registeration key.
    Thanks again

it took me 3 times to get code entered correctly also - the letter o and the number 0 in the code that it asks you to enter are a bit weird, i wasnt sure which was which, but as the lads said, try it a few times and it should work for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭pjproby

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

Nice one. Just installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

this totally works thanks OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Just want to say thanks.Works a treat, no problems.Worked first time.Looks a great program.Made my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

it only supports the 32bit version of windows, lame :(

Just want to say thanks.Works a treat, no problems.Worked first time.Looks a great program.Made my day.

no probs, something like this is handy to have, especially when its free !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Thanks for that Dave, sound. Saved my little bro and cousin a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is this better than Comodo?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Unlike AVG, when I have downloaded a zip or rar file, I cant scan it before extracting it. Is there some setting I need to change or what? And is this a good antivirus?

Thanks though OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

PC Advisor - expert advice you can trust
    PC Tools Internet Security for Windows®

Thank you for requesting your FREE license for Internet Security v2009

Your free license code will be e-mailed to you shortly.

Click here for registration instructions.
    This free version of Internet Security includes 12 months technical support.

Registration instructions for free version:

1. Please check the email account specified for your free license.
    2. Please install PC Tools Internet Security from the cover disc that accompanied your recent magazine purchase. (The latest version from our website will NOT work for this)
    3. Open PC Tools Internet Security and click on Register (or Register Free).
    4. Enter your free license
    5. Click on the Register button
    Not true, latest version from their site registers no problem whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Unlike AVG, when I have downloaded a zip or rar file, I cant scan it before extracting it. Is there some setting I need to change or what? And is this a good antivirus?

Thanks though OP.
    Cannot do it like with AVG but;
    If you click Intelliguard/File Guard and select 'All Files And Folders' in the 'Check the following' dropdown box. Not ideal, but will scan any file (including zip/rar) you download and every zip/rar during scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

OP. Thank you very much for this - I appreciate it :cool:

Advertisement