Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need a HDMI cable ?

• 25-12-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive got a xbox pro console and want to connect it up to my HDTV. Do I need to buy a hdmi cable or is everything I need in the box ?

Comments

I think you don't need anything else. Everything should be in the box. You use the red/blue/green cable for the HD and the red/white (not the yellow) for the sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Depends. HDMI is a stardard but there is also VGA or Red/Blue/Green Phono connectors. Depends on your TV. HDMI cables arn't standard in Xbox packages I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Tusky wrote: »
    Ive got a xbox pro console and want to connect it up to my HDTV. Do I need to buy a hdmi cable or is everything I need in the box ?

No.

Just use the component cable.
    Yellow,green, blue for visual, red and white for sound.
    Make sure the switch on the cable is set to HDTV and check the resolution used in xbox system settings.

I had issues with my HDtv though (see HD audio problem thread) and discovered that there was no audio coming through, just video. So had to plug the red/white into a DVD player hooked up to some speakers and plug the red/green/blue cable into the TV. It works just fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

blah wrote: »
    No.

Just use the component cable.
    Yellow,green, blue for visual, red and white for sound.
    Make sure the switch on the cable is set to HDTV and check the resolution used in xbox system settings.

Yellow is composite, don't plug it in. Red, Green and Blue is what you need to plug in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement