Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conected with Limted Access?

Options
  • 25-12-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey. When I tried to connect my laptop to the internet, it told me, Connected with Limited or no co I put in the WEP key multiple times. But I keep getting the same error, Conected with Limited Access. I have a desktop connected to a yellow wire (for get what it's called) and the internet works perfectly on that. And when I put the Yellow wire in my laptop it also works perfectly.

So does anyone know how to fix my problem?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not a notion , you never bothered telling us what sort of wireless router it is :D

Once you find out post some more detail in the wireless forum , OK !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brian08

Aw, ****. Wrong Forum. Sorry.

Anyway I have a netopia box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Do you have mac address filtering on? I had a similar problem and it was down to that as i had teh address in slightly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brian08

eh, it's just went away. Turned the netopia box off for a while and then tried inputting the WEP key again and it connected. But thanks anway

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

Brian08 wrote: »
    eh, it's just went away. Turned the netopia box off for a while and then tried inputting the WEP key again and it connected. But thanks anway

Thats why it happened. Connected with limited access is down to two things

1) Hardware Issue - either router or wireless adapter
    2) Wrong Wep key typed in which is much more common;)

If you checked your local IP address, you would have got an IP address of 169.254.X.X

• Advertisement
Advertisement