Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting My Xbox to Live Wirelessly

• 25-12-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I have an Xbox 260 Arcade and just got a sub for LIVE today.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ACCESS XBOX LIVE!

I have a router and dongle for my pc and a broadband connection but my Xbox doesnt pick up on the wireless signal.

HELP!

PS - Do I have to fork out MORE money for a wireless Xbox adaptor or does Xbox have it built in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if you want it to be wireless then yes you have to buy the xbox adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

silverwex wrote: »
    I have an Xbox 260 Arcade and just got a sub for LIVE today.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ACCESS XBOX LIVE!

I have a router and dongle for my pc and a broadband connection but my Xbox doesnt pick up on the wireless signal.

HELP!

PS - Do I have to fork out MORE money for a wireless Xbox adaptor or does Xbox have it built in?

Thanks.

Not built in im afraid.

You have two options if you dont want to buy the wifi adapter. Either connect the xbox to your router with the supplied ethernet cable or if your xbox is next to your pc you can connect it to the pc and connect through the wifi dongle.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

If you a laptop lying around you could use that as your wireless adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks all!

How do I go about using the laptop as the adaptor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

hey all, got a wireless adapter for christmas and 3 months xbox live subscription. Its connecting to my wireless and all that fine but during the test, its telling me that i need to download an update for it. I'm going for the download but after a few seconds its telling me that the update can't be done? Means i can't play on line. :mad:

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

CharlieCroker you need to read this link....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055207579

hope it helps....

merry chrimbo...

thanks for that rob, worked a treat!!!! I can enjoy my gaming now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

your very welcome....

get in there and start fraggin'.....

robk24 wrote: »
    your very welcome....

get in there and start fraggin'.....

Roll on Call Of Duty!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

silverwex wrote: »
    Thanks all!

How do I go about using the laptop as the adaptor?
    You don't need to use a laptop. Get the cheapest router you can (~€30), and set it to bridge mode. Plug cable into back of your xbox, and it will recieve the wireless signal on behalf of the xbox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement