Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegal posts

Options
  • 25-12-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO QUESTION THE MODS.

I got an infraction today for giving out a frequency for an emergency service.i am wondering why this is being classified as illegal.there is no sensitive info on the airwaves and i can give you the address to 4 sites where they are being posted openly.2 sites have been in operaton since 2005 and have had no problems.why is it different here.i am in need of no frequencies but i love sharing them with new comers and keeping the hobby alive
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

As far as i know scanner crf legal so i presume giving out frequencies is grand. Dunno though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

seanybiker wrote: »
    As far as i know scanner crf legal so i presume giving out frequencies is grand. Dunno though

According to the charter, which cites comreg, it's not legal to receive on those frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

This thread should be in helpdesk or feedback. And the childishness should be left on santas knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's clear that it's illegal to publicise some kinds of Information in Ireland. This web site is hosted and owned in Ireland, hence the charter.

Since Comreg publish a frequency plan for different kinds of services it might be acceptible to say that Fire Services may be using the 68MHz to 87MHz band.

As per the charter giving spot frequencies is not acceptable.

Abuse of any nature between posters isn't tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

seanybiker wrote: »

Only giving out bands is legal in Ireland. You may give out spot frequencies for:
    Public Broadcasting
    Marine Coastguards (used by Public on the lake/sea for weather as well as other purposes).
    Amateur /Ham Radio / Wireless Experimenters, particularly Repeaters.

Just because something is on another website does not make it legal, acceptable or permissible on Boards.ie

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement