Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halfords have another 50% + 10% sale

• 25-12-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Just checked now and it says that it ends midnight xmas day :)
    another 3.5 hours to see if its a deal or not ! :)
    I wonder if its cheaper to reserve it up north and pick it up there. hmm.

http://www.halfords.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

is that 50% off everything or just selected lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

what i can see, certain things, but they do have a wide range of stuff discounted.
    an hour and a half left :)

there are a joke! there home page shows a nice looking dvd flip out player thats says from 59£ yet when u go to look for the player it is actualy 12times dearer @ 649 £

oh yeah ?
    i didnt notice that atall. nice one.

i was looking at some pressure washers which were reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

spongbob wrote: »
    there are a joke! there home page shows a nice looking dvd flip out player thats says from 59£ yet when u go to look for the player it is actualy 12times dearer @ 649 £

It says DVD players from £59.99. It doesn't say that player is £59.99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

But they are still a joke. Have a look in their bulbs section, bulb prices advertised in both Sterling & Euro, I was looking for a particular bulb which was marked £6.99 sterling or €14!!:mad:

Got same bulb in my local autofactors for €3.99

Makaveli wrote: »
    It says DVD players from £59.99. It doesn't say that player is £59.99.

Even still Makaveli. They are lurring folks into searching & looking out for a fancy motorised top of the range dvd player out of all there 25+ models to choose from - The one shown is a flip out motorised built in dash one priced from 59£ but there cheapest one is 159£ Refurbished 2nd hand, and the one pictured is 649£ they are just a bit to smart. if u want somethig cheap that sticks to the car head rest Aldi & lidl sell these many times a year for cheap with 3 year warrenty i find those a great bargin

happy christmas all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I hate Halfords Marketing tactics. The recent, "up to 50% of ALL sat navs", like that makes no sense, In reality only one crappy sat nav was 50% off, how they can get away with saying up to 50% of All sat navs is beyond me. If that's the case, every shop could have up to 100% of everything in store and just give one item away for free

Thanks for the replies !
    didnt bother getting anything.
    I wont change the tag to nonsense as there are some deals on there.
    after xmas day !

If someone else things i should or a mod let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh I hate Halfords Marketing tactics. The recent, "up to 50% of ALL sat navs", like that makes no sense, In reality only one crappy sat nav was 50% off, how they can get away with saying up to 50% of All sat navs is beyond me. If that's the case, every shop could have up to 100% of everything in store and just give one item away for free

Because they say "Up to 50% off all Sat navs", if, say, they sell 20 different Sat navs and discount one by 50% and the other 19 by 0.05%, then they can truly say they are giving up to 50% off all Sat navs.
    "50% off selected products", is another one. They only have to select one product to be within the description.

• Advertisement
Advertisement