Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chrono m249

Options
  • 25-12-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

how would one go about this? im using mine and goes from low fps to high, really hard without single fire option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

a lot of chronos can test strings of shots, i;ve come across version that will show and average but most of the time if you fire full auto thought a chrono it will measure the velocity of the last round thought, well that's how mine works anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The Xcortech X3200 chrono (probably the best chrono I've come across) will give you an average over a string of rounds fired. It'll also give you a count of how many rounds you fired and the rate per second or per minute they were fired at.

Other than that, using an existing chrono, theres two ways to do single round testing;
    Option one is to use a midcap or locap STANAG magazine with a follower that extends beyond the feeder (ie, it feeds every last round when loaded in your rifle, no wasted rounds when pull your mag from the well). Get one of those and load it with one round.
    Option two is to place one bb in the hop directly through the feeder nozzle. and fire the gun on its side with the hop facing up so as to ensure the bb not jumping out of the hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

NakedDex wrote: »
    The Xcortech X3200 chrono (probably the best chrono I've come across) will give you an average over a string of rounds fired. It'll also give you a count of how many rounds you fired and the rate per second or per minute they were fired at.

Other than that, using an existing chrono, theres two ways to do single round testing;
    Option one is to use a midcap or locap STANAG magazine with a follower that extends beyond the feeder (ie, it feeds every last round when loaded in your rifle, no wasted rounds when pull your mag from the well). Get one of those and load it with one round.
    Option two is to place one bb in the hop directly through the feeder nozzle. and fire the gun on its side with the hop facing up so as to ensure the bb not jumping out of the hop.

have the xcortech as u were the one who advised and put it aside for me haha, will test tomorrow when neighbours wont mind :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah the xcortech is a great chrono and will measure strings of shots as the other mentioned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

yeah did the job, 323-326

• Advertisement
Advertisement