Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19"/20" TFT TV/Monitor

• 25-12-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭

What kind of money would be considered to be a good deal on a 19"/20" TFT TV/Monitor for TV viewing & use on XBOX 360?

All recommendations welcome.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This is in DID for €260 sale price atm. I'm sure there will be more price reductions between now and end of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So, a 19" Samsung for €160 Approx would be considered good value?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

this is relevant to gadgetmans question so i might as well ask :

What would be an average contrast ratio/ Refresh time on a monitor?

(ie what ratios/rate would be the middle of the road for using it as a gaming monitor? as far as I know you wouldnt need a full 1080p picture on a 22" monitor)
    Lookin to get one cheap in the post christmas shopping :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The above Monitor was an LG, I wouldn't say it's the best deal out there. If you look over at komplett there is a similar monitor/tuner which is a alot better. Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hal1 wrote: »
    The above Monitor was an LG, I wouldn't say it's the best deal out there. If you look over at komplett there is a similar monitor/tuner which is a alot better. Link.

Speaking of Komplett, all the sites seem to describe the TV capabilities as "TV Tuner".. What exactly do they mean by that? There seems to be no definitive mention anywhere as to what band the tuner is?

How do you know if it has UHF only or if it has VHF too?

-

• Advertisement
Advertisement