Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar hero WT in Argos

• 25-12-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the guitar comes with this offer or is only the game as it is expensive for just the game if so.

And a few questions, do the rock band drums work with guitar hero world tour on the xbox 360 and is the game actually worth getting?
    How much is the game and guitar combo in gamestop also? Thanks.

And just thought of this now, can you use the new guitar hero world tour guitar for 360 for rock band 1 on 360 guitar modes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That's just the game.

I would imagine you can use the guitar with RB, you can with any previous GH guitars.

I don't have answers to the other two questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Guitar Hero game & guitar is 90 in Gamestop, best price i've seen for it!

That is really expensive in Argos for just the game, no mention of guitar though so it must just be the game solus. Bit of a rip really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

You can get it for just over 60 euro on hmv.com if online is an option thanks to the legendary sterling conversion rate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

deise59 wrote: »
    You can get it for just over 60 euro on hmv.com if online is an option thanks to the legendary sterling conversion rate :D
    Thanks I might go for that, do HMV ship to ireland, and if so would the ship a parcel as big as that, and whats the price for postage? How long does postage to ireland normally take from hmv.co.uk also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

CyberWaste wrote: »
    And a few questions, do the rock band drums work with guitar hero world tour on the xbox 360
    Yep (see below)
    is the game actually worth getting?
    Hmm... i used to be GH crazy and then i got RB2 after about 2 weeks of getting the GH band pack because i completed GH. But RB is better gameplay.

In a nut shell:
    GH is a great game for customization in the instruments, characters, songs etc etc.
    But RB is much better gameplay.
    IMO
    And just thought of this now, can you use the new guitar hero world tour guitar for 360 for rock band 1 on 360 guitar modes?
    Yep, but the new sensitive slidey buttons dont do anything.
    http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

• Advertisement

Thanks I might go for that, do HMV ship to ireland, and if so would the ship a parcel as big as that, and whats the price for postage of that size parcel? How long does postage to ireland normally take from hmv.co.uk also, are they fast like?
    Anyone?

And is that price the same on the high street hmv in Dublin say, like around 60-70€?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thanks I might go for that, do HMV ship to ireland, and if so would the ship a parcel as big as that, and whats the price for postage? How long does postage to ireland normally take from hmv.co.uk also?

Might be worth the cost to just get it for about 80/90 euro in hmv or gamestop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can pick up Guitar Hero : WT Guitar Pack in Argos/HMV for €80 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

HMV do ship to Ireland yeah. Postage is £2.50 and its shipped within 48 hours. That comes to £62 which is around €64, significantly cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.

Thanks everyone for the help, I went with deise's suggestion of hmv.com as guitar hero 4 guitar bundle is sold out of the local gamestop and also with argos, so I went with the online order. Should be hear by friday or the next monday. Great price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

does anyone know if stores like Game, Gamestop or XtraVision sell Guitar Hero and guitar second hand? I've never seen em in the used sections anywhere

beardo81 wrote: »
    does anyone know if stores like Game, Gamestop or XtraVision sell Guitar Hero and guitar second hand? I've never seen em in the used sections anywhere
    Well, in gamestop in kilkenny they sell them preowned but not as bundles, you have to buy the preowned guitar and prewoned game seperatly, and the guitar from GH3 is 60€ preowned in kilkenny.:eek:

Right so I ordered this off HMV.co.uk like I said, everything was fine, but for te last like 3-4 days for "Item Status" it says: Complete, will be despatched in accordance with selected shipping option

Is this normal for hmv.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Right so I ordered this off HMV.co.uk like I said, everything was fine, but for te last like 3-4 days for "Item Status" it says: Complete, will be despatched in accordance with selected shipping option

Is this normal for hmv.co.uk?
    I have exactly same message 4 last 3 days also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow joe

Game in forestside just outside belfast had it for £34.99 on all platforms yesterday

Game in forestside just outside belfast had it for £34.99 on all platforms yesterday
    Thats hardly for guitar and game though.... was it?

Still the same problem, still saying awaiting shipment, is this ever going to get despatched....

got Guitar Hero bout €49 in Argos in Newry....... Gearbox went in car on way up, recovery lorry and whatever else is to come, gonna be €000's!!!
    False economy?? :eek::confused:

Advertisement