Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtics V Lakers: Enjoy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Just walked in the door, end of the first quarter.

Lakers 23 Celtics 24 - lead has changed hands eight times already

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Some quality shooting, Garnett 6 for 6 so far! Lakers lead 51 - 45 at the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Was a good game last night and an even better one tonight. Celtics lose again but this time to the Warriors :eek: Was very nearly going to the game, friend had spare tickets today but I was too hungover and broke to contemplate going, very annoyed with myself now, atmosphere was electric and to come away with a very deserved win is brilliant considering how the season is going.
    Jackson finally had a good consistent game and Bellaneli is proving he is definitely a starter.
    Boston looked sloppy though, never pulled away from GS and payed for it in the end, they looked very frustrated out there.
    With Ellis due back, the warriors might salvage some respect for the season although I would nearly rather a top draft pick next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow, I was wondering if the ending of the unbeaten run would affect them but never thought they'd lose to the Warriors (sorry! :)). I thought they played well against the Lakers and on another night could've won the game, but I guess with all the hype around the run, ending it was always going to have an effect.

The Celtics have 6 of their next 8 games on the road, with a visit to Cleveland on the 9th of January. They're going to be some big games now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Was a good game last night and an even better one tonight. Celtics lose again but this time to the Warriors :eek: Was very nearly going to the game, friend had spare tickets today but I was too hungover and broke to contemplate going, very annoyed with myself now, atmosphere was electric and to come away with a very deserved win is brilliant considering how the season is going.
    Jackson finally had a good consistent game and Bellaneli is proving he is definitely a starter.
    Boston looked sloppy though, never pulled away from GS and payed for it in the end, they looked very frustrated out there.
    With Ellis due back, the warriors might salvage some respect for the season although I would nearly rather a top draft pick next year

I'm a Warriors fan as well but I have to admit how much I was impressed with our Defense last night especially since Nelson admitted he knows nothing about playing D and named Keith Smart the defensive coordinator.

I was impressed:)

• Advertisement

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I'm a Warriors fan as well but I have to admit how much I was impressed with our Defense last night especially since Nelson admitted he knows nothing about playing D and named Keith Smart the defensive coordinator.

I was impressed:)

GO WARRIORS :D
    Defense was pretty good last night, I think it was down to pure determination in the end, the warriors can play very good defense when they want especially at home. The loss of Davis and Ellis has made it harder but there are still good players and a bit of confidence goes a long way.
    With Jackson, you have an extremely good defender, he can be be top class when he wants to be but he is a knob and probably only played well because it was against the Celtics. Even Turiaf had a good game, I think everyone just got really fired up for the fourth quarter and punished Boston.

I think it could nearly be time for Nelson to go in my opinion, it has turned into a bit of a joke this year, same things happening last time he was in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The loss to the Warriors had less to do with the Warriors and more to do with the Celtics looking fatigued in the final quarter. They really looked out on their feet.
    The loss to the Lakers breaking the streak the night before would have hurt a great deal and I think they need a break to recover from that. Another tough game coming against the Cavs for the Celtics. I'm not expecting a win against them either but normal service will resume after that game methinks.

GO WARRIORS :D
    I think it could nearly be time for Nelson to go in my opinion, it has turned into a bit of a joke this year, same things happening last time he was in charge

See the thing about Nelson is he's had a brilliant coaching career and will leave behind an impressive legacy although the Hack a Shaq strategy is controversial! but not playing the young kids when you're team is losing at this pace is simply indefensible. I can understand it if the team were fighting to make the playoffs, but not when we're only deciding which lottery pick we'll get.

Then again with the way this team is managed we're stuck with him for at least 3 more years :(

I agree about Nelson, he is a legend and one of the great characters of the game, I think he gets a big contract and then loses motivation to a certain extent.
    I think Belinelli should of got a bit more game time last year, I think Nelson has had to come around to playing the young players more this year because it was so unbelievably obvious it's what was needed. Was so frustrating watching the Warriors play earlier in the year and get more or less blown out and Nelson brings in a couple of players for the last minute or something

OT but Cavs just lost to Washington. Funny how the NBA works, it's all about matchups. Sacramento gives the Lakers hell, GSW does the same with Boston, & it seems like Washington does that to Cleveland. (The Wizards almost won in Cleveland last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

I'd argue that the Celtics/Warriors and Cavs/Wizards matches were less about matchups and more about poor performances by those respective teams. Noone plays brilliantly every night, even the best. Sometimes that happens collectively and especially with fatigue that can impact severely on performances.

I agree that some teams match up better with other teams, but I just don't think that was the reason for those losses

Advertisement