Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

buying new tv in sales :)

• 26-12-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

seeing as it is sale time going to upgrade the tv, after reading boards richersounds seems like a good place to buy from..

Looked at a few sets in currys and was thinking 32' but looks kinda small and 40 looks kinda big so going for 37' also not really into HD so was going to go for plasma but they seem to be better for over 40' so LCD it is ..

Narrowed it down to these few any suggestions good / bad or other let me know ?

LG LG 37LG3000

LG-37LG6000 http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct/LG-37LG6000

LG- 37LC5*

This sony also got my interest cause of the offer http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct/SONY-KDL40V4000U

thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Had a look around the sales here and boy are they so so poor. Even sale prices dont compare with uk (Richersounds etc) normal prices. Was in Currys in Galway and a 32" tv was in sale for 499€, same tv in richersounds was £299 (approx 350€).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

+1 on ROI sale prices.

Was in a few sofa (etc) shops today and prices are same as before "sales".

I'd hoped that the ROI AV sellers would have copped on by now and at least started getting their sale prices even close to the NI/UK guy's, but nope.

Who's paying €2000+ for 50" plasma TVs in ROI? Who's buying anything in ROI?

To OP: you're right to spend your money in NI or UK - it may not be patriotic, but neither is the practise of exploiting your fellow countryman's gullability/naiivety regarding AV technology and their nervousness about buying online or travelling 200 miles in their car to save €700 (or €1075 - see edit below) on a 50" plasma.

EDIT - just checked RS's UK site: the TV I'll be getting is now £1100 with the 5 year warranty. That's €1125 today: €1075 less than Harvey was selling it for before xmas! I'm not sure of his post xmas "sale" price . . .

If your free cash is as limited as mine, it'll matter to you that it'll go a lot further in NI/UK than if you donate it to greedy ROI sellers who laugh about you over dinner in expensive restaurants, or on their Blackberries to each other (while driving the porsches), boasting that "Paddy hasn't got a clue! Haha!"

I've said it elsewhere - my conscience will be clearer when I buy from RS than that of the greedy dealers in ROI should be.

Also, I'll bet that in 2 months time you'll be regretting not going for the biggest TV your money could have gotten you.

Mark

Advertisement