Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student question

Options
  • 26-12-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

im planning on going back to colege in september 2010 now i know you have to be 23 to be counted as a mature student but ill be 23 on april that year do I have to be 23 on application or is it before the course starts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 An Scoil Dlí

Hi,

In order to qualify as a mature student, you must be at least 23 on 1st January of the year of proposed entry.

So, if you intend applying this September, you should have reached your 23rd birthday by 1st January 2009.

In your case, if you are 23 only after the 1st January 2010 – in April, this unfortunately is too late (sorry, not sure how that sounds!)

So you will have to apply between November 2010 and 1st February 2011 for a place in September 2011.

I hope this helps.

Advertisement