Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose a new phone

• 26-12-2008 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Ok I havent really a clue about the different phones of the moment so need some help.

my nokia N70 is on its last legs and my mp3 screen is smashed, so im thinking of getting a phone that I can use as an Mp3 player, phone and decent enough camera.

I have 2-400 to spend and it needs to have an Fm radio and be able to have at least 8gigs (mostly for music).

So after a bit of research it looks like my options are:

the iphone (no radio though, crap camera and apparently it cant take videos?)

The 8gig N95 - its a bit of a brick though....

The Samsung Tocco - it seems to tick all the boxes, could i put an 8gig micro SD into this? if I can does it take ages to load up each time?

The LG viewty - nice price, seems to tick all the boxes to, and same as above can it be loaded with an 8gig micro SD?

Is there any other phones out there that im forgetting?
    Do the screens on the touch phones get easily broken?

Any other help would be appreciated.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

N95 is yer only man. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

E90 or E71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sony ericson c905?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i went through the same as you a few months back so im only gonna suggest the phone i decided on :)
    ive the N78, u can get an 8gb card to fit it and has the rest your looking for.
    mate just picked it up for like 200-250euro in italy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

towel401 wrote: »
    E90 or E71

Thanks for the replies so far guys, just googled these and to be honest their not really the type of phone im after...but thanks anyway.

As for the sony ericsonn, not a chance. Never again will I buy a sony ericcson,ive had 2 of them in my life and both broke within 6months of use. Swore id never buy one again and im sticking with that....

If the LG can only hold 2gigs then it probably isnt much use to me, dam as this was leading the pack. I may get this and then buy a seperate mp3 player a as well instead though...for E189 it seems a bargain and cowan have brought out a new mp3 player that i like the look of :p

Just had a look at the N78 and i like it, would rather a touch screen but this is certainly a contendor.

Tocco in front so far though...anyone know of any other phones in the pipeline that would tick all the boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,065 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thanks for the replies so far guys, just googled these and to be honest their not really the type of phone im after...but thanks anyway.

As for the sony ericsonn, not a chance. Never again will I buy a sony ericcson,ive had 2 of them in my life and both broke within 6months of use. Swore id never buy one again and im sticking with that....

If the LG can only hold 2gigs then it probably isnt much use to me, dam as this was leaing the pack. I may get this and then buy a seperate mp3 player a as well instead though...for E189 it seems a bargain and cowan have brought out a new mp3 player that i like the look of :p

Tocco in front so far then...anyone know of any other phoens in the pipeline that would tick all the boxes?
    have a look at the nokia N85 - all the advantages of the N95, but smaller and a better screen and battery.

Didn't like the LG Viewty as a phone, too many irritations for me. As for the 2GB thing, it can be got round. I had a 8GB card in mine, and it worked grand as long as you had less than 2gb free on it.

have a look at the nokia N85 - all the advantages of the N95, but smaller and a better screen and battery.

Didn't like the LG Viewty as a phone, too many irritations for me. As for the 2GB thing, it can be got round. I had a 8GB card in mine, and it worked grand as long as you had less than 2gb free on it.

Like that to and would rather stick with a Nokia, how are these phones as music players anyway? Are they nearly as good as a dedicated mp3 player?
    And what would be the cheapest place to buy them, Im with O2 but can change to meteor. Sim free costs lots extra doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I'd say the Tocco is the one to go for, it will work with an 8GB Micro SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

Thats it. looks perfect and has everything i need.

Only problem is its not out yet, but i can wait a little longer.

Cheers for the suggestion, would of been sick if I had of got a tocco and then seen this! :D

Advertisement