Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Next Doctor - 2008 Xmas Special

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm with Neil Gaiman's assessment - I liked it, but kept hoping for it to turn a corner where I'd start to love it. Yes, the plot was a bit fuzzy, but then I don't watch Doctor Who for plot consistency. It lacked the imagination for which I admire the show, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    groan not more bloody daleks.

They're cool and all but seriously RTD has some serious hard on for them.

Well, the problem is they keep getting wiped out in one swell foop. They'd be a lot scarier if they didn't seem so easy to annihilate.

I think Moffat's said in interview that he wants to move away from well-known villains, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

In all fairness the episode was pretty crap...
    Although the Doctor having Christmas dinner...What a shock ending!! =O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

i liked the personal drama that Morreseys character went through, i thought the funny aspects were good - like the fob watch going "boing" as he fell apart...

yet again the inseperable walls between universes and the void seperates.... which i did not like one bit not the fact that the void actually isnt one, not if the cybermen are fighting the Daleks in there and nicking infostamps to boot!! Quarry setting for the last RTD special anyone?

I didnt like the robot - sorry!!! I thought it was there for families and kids, and yes i have defended previous specials on that basis, but given that we have this big drama going on with morressy and then we have the iron giant lubering about (why!!) blowing up ramdom bits of London slums (again- why??) it just looked like RTD woke up ina sweat one morning realising he had to wallop out a big ending to his story.

I also got the fact he wasnt the Doctor when DT listened to he chest, and I liked the little touches like the past doctors, and the mention of the companions breaking his heart. In the end i thought it was the best christmas show, all the others in the family of popebenny are sticking with last years so there you go!!

Perfect christmas viewing, but slyly confriming the 6pm slot in the process :(

Advertisement