Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would it take to get from Ballsbridge to Neilstown in the morning?

Options
  • 26-12-2008 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Was gonna link the route from Google maps but when I pasted it here, it just pasted "google.com/maps" i.e. just the general page.

So if someone could put in the relevant placenames in the "find directions" fields on google.com/maps, or even better, travels a similar route in the morning and could tell me how long it would take, that'd be swell.

Thanks folks,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

Walking, via the canal Distance: 13.401 km Time: 160 minutes.
    Cycling, via SCR and Ballyfermot: Distance: 14.137 km Time: 69 minutes.
    Driving, via SCR and Ballyfermot: Distance: 14.137 km Time: probably about 20-30 minutes (Christmas time special only).
    Bus, via city centre: probably about 1 hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks Victor. I got an estimate for the length of time it would take to drive off google maps also but reckon this would be without traffic?

Would be interested if anyone here would know what's the traffic like on Longmile road etc that time of morning. Can't see it being done in the time googlemaps suggests or the DTO for that matter. Thanks for the link though. Will use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What time of morning?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thought it would be obvious; at peak time...

Have to be in Neilstown road for 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

The best road for Neilstown (liffey Valley /Fonthill) is the N4. In the morning you will be going against traffic and have a pretty quick run from Heuston Station.

The quays move pretty quick too. Getting to the quays/Heustion station is the problem.

The SCR backs up quite badly at the Kilmanham end in the mornings, as does the Long Mile Road , is always very busy in all both directions, in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hi, though I'd hijack this thread as opposed starting another...any idea how long it will take for taxi ride from Heuston to the Airport? weekday around 10:00 in the morning...thanks

20 to 30 minutes, depending on route and traffic.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Are you traveling by car or by hover-bike?

^ Take a chill-pill!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement