Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Man Utd Match Thread...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

you might as well with his performance today

The whole team tbh, unfair to single out G Neville, imo.

If you are going to start taking digs at United players today, you should start with the petulant behaviour of Rooney and Ronaldo that was evident today, and in previous games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Stoke to go mad and loose 3-0, or Man Utd to hang on for 1-0 win as the jet-lag catches up late on.

Shudda bet on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

gosplan wrote: »
    Ronaldo a leg. No action taken. Both seen by officials.

Wilkenson leaves a leg in after the tackle. If you want to play like that, expect to get lashed out at, and deservedly so. He was losing the rag, the ref wasn't doing anything, and Ronaldo lashed out, barely. Anyone who actually thinks that is a red card needs to watch more football.

As for Rooney, he needs to grow up. Then again, I'll not scream about it, why, Criswell did the exact same thing 3 times in the air, yet only got booked for one. Yet nobody is harping on here about it, gosh I wonder why.

---

Giggs and Neville I really would single out today. Their passing just was not good enough, full stop. They need to step it up.

Scrappy 1-0 win after a round-trip to Japan. I'll take it. Still, United lacking something, something. Personally I think it's an effective left winger.

Tevez MON, not just for the goal, but for the excellent run that was given offside which woulda been a defo goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Thank **** for that, massive massive win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Not really when you consider suspensions. As an Arsenal fan I'm just really sickened that Adebayor is missing a really important game at Villa today for two clumsy tackles but both Rooney and Ronaldo will play at Boro next week. Both challenges would, on similar occasions, get straight reds for other (non-utd) players.
    Your obviously suffering from Arsene's POV thinking the world is against you, stop whinging FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PHB wrote: »
    Wilkenson leaves a leg in after the tackle. If you want to play like that, expect to get lashed out at, and deservedly so. He was losing the rag, the ref wasn't doing anything, and Ronaldo lashed out, barely.
    It isn't Ronaldo's place to take matters into his own hands.

Defending behaviour like that is laughable.
    As for Rooney, he needs to grow up.
    So does Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des wrote: »

very unfair I don't recall anyone getting down gary's side all day he put in some nice crosses the whole team were absolutely average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If you are going to start taking digs at United players today, you should start with the petulant behaviour of Rooney and Ronaldo that was evident today, and in previous games.

fair enough with the thugs that are Rooney and Ronaldo

but Ronney wasn't the worse today performance wise

but Ronaldo's display as of late have been brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

So does Ronaldo.
    Roon and Ronnie both acting the pr!ck of late they will soon get their come uppance.

Cry me a ****ing river. If somebody keeps attacking you, and the ref isn't doing **** all, then you need to step up and defend yourself. Especially when we've no enforcers in our team.

And then Wilkinson can't deal with it, and lashes out. 2nd yellow and he's off. Seems like a job done well to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

If somebody keeps attacking you

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Cruijff wrote: »
    Your obviously suffering from Arsene's POV thinking the world is against you, stop whinging FFS.

Not against me or Arsenal. Just for Man U and English national team players.

Not against me or Arsenal. Just for Man U and English national team players.

Yeh, that's why Evra has a 4 game suspension.

Cry me a ****ing river. If somebody keeps attacking you, and the ref isn't doing **** all, then you need to step up and defend yourself. Especially when we've no enforcers in our team.

And then Wilkinson can't deal with it, and lashes out. 2nd yellow and he's off. Seems like a job done well to me.

no one seems to be crying out for wilkinson to clean up his act putting in horrible tackles etc... usual nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so if the player rooney tried to elbow in the head had then gone and kicked him back, i somehow doubt you would be spouting that BS line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Thank God for the win even though it was disappointing...

I dunno which makes less sense. Your first attempt to pass it off as a very minor incident or the second, to show it as some necessary enforcing in a tough game.

They definatly don't make sense together. Defend yourslef by 'barely lashing out'?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ntlbell wrote: »
    no one seems to be crying out for wilkinson to clean up his act putting in horrible tackles etc... usual nonsense

he's been punished at least.

mayordenis wrote: »
    he's been punished at least.

oh that makes it ok then...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sir Alex has said that Rio will be out for the boro match on monday

big loss

lol, I think you'll find the ref punished him.

No one here (well not me anyway) is saying that Rooney and Ronaldo are particularly dirty players or that they go out to hurt people. Just that they lash out and escape punishment.

oh that makes it ok then...:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

re Utd fans singing about Liverpool-they dont do it to wind up Liverpool fans, they do it because they are small time & obsessed.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    re Utd fans singing about Liverpool-they dont do it to wind up Liverpool fans, they do it because they are small time & obsessed.

league champions european champions world champions....

yup sounds like small time...

lmao

lol, I think you'll find the ref punished him.

No one here (well not me anyway) is saying that Rooney and Ronaldo are particularly dirty players or that they go out to hurt people. Just that they lash out and escape punishment.

yes he was punished but people are moaning and groaning rooney/ronaldo need to grow and how pedulent they're etc not one mention of wilkson's filthy challenge...

usuall bollox tbh

• Advertisement

the fans didnt win those tournaments ntlbell, the players did. the fans are small time.

the players are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

the fans didnt win those tournaments ntlbell, the players did. the fans are small time.

the players are excellent.

Maybe a section. Like a certain section of pool fans who sing about Munich. No club is above having a few fans like such.

yes he was punished but people are moaning and groaning rooney/ronaldo need to grow and how pedulent they're etc not one mention of wilkson's filthy challenge...

usuall bollox tbh

Maybe ... but not from me. I don't really care what Rooney and Ronaldo do. I just want to see them punished when they break the rules ... like most players are.

It's not about making every player in the world a fair player - it's about people being dealt with when they overstep the line.

usuall bollox tbh

because there is no debate - it was two bookable offenses and therefore a deserved red card. Rooney and Ronaldo were not punished for dissent, which FIFA claims it wants to clamp down on, that's why. do you really find it that hard to understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

As a United Fan it was pretty embarassing watching Ronaldo today. He was petulant and childish and really needs a kick in the arse regarding his behaviour.

I wouldnt pay too much heed to Rooneys game though, yes he lashed out, yes he threw an elbow but its not like he does it all the time, and aggression is part of his game. Id put it down to frustration, it happens to everyone.

Disappointed with performance, delighted with result.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Maybe a section. Like a certain section of pool fans who sing about Munich. No club is above having a few fans like such.

cant say i've heard that song... afaik liverpool are one of the few English teams who sings songs about their club and generally dont bother singing about other teams, but that could be a biased view....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

lol. Stop embarassing yourself, silly pool fan.

because there is no debate - it was two bookable offenses and therefore a deserved red card. Rooney and Ronaldo were not punished for dissent, which FIFA claims it wants to clamp down on, that's why. do you really find it that hard to understand?

no i don't find that hard to understand they should of been off bad reffing inconsistent as USUAL and if i mention in other cases from other teams where it's happened this year i'll be accused of trolling...

what people are saying is how dirty and childish rooney are with no mention of the horrific tackle from wilkinson is that hard for you to understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Good result, some atmosphere in that Stoke ground fair play to them although their fans do like fighting.

Rooney should have being off and a sort of hope he does if he keeps the nonsense up.

Ronaldo's was nothing, booking if you want to be anal. He was pretty useless on the pitch today, although it;s hard breaking down a 10 men defence.

Also Liverpool fans must be small time if what United sing about them pisses them off.

cant say i've heard that song... afaik liverpool are one of the few English teams who sings songs about their club and generally dont bother singing about other teams, but that could be a biased view....

maybe if you were actually in the stands you would have a different view...

every club does it and to say the pool don't is utter nonsense

ShooterSF wrote: »

only sung by morons when we are playing Utd.

not against every team, thats the "small time" thing.

only sung by morons when we are playing Utd.

not against every team, thats the "small time" thing.

oh yea and they never sing anything against everton.....

you're really on a roll today...

oh yea and they never sing anything against everton.....

you're really on a roll today...

you really arent grasping this.

against Everton, we wing songs about Everton. Against Utd we'll sing songs about Utd etc etc

whereas Utd, against Stoke sing about Liverpool, against Newcastle sing about Liverpool etc etc.

THAT is wat is small time.

you really arent grasping this.

against Everton, we wing songs about Everton. Against Utd we'll sing songs about Utd etc etc

whereas Utd, against Stoke sing about Liverpool, against Newcastle sing about Liverpool etc etc.

THAT is wat is small time.

nonsense i've heard plenty of anti toffee songs at non derby matches stop talking via the tight one k thnx

no i don't find that hard to understand they should of been off bad reffing inconsistent as USUAL and if i mention in other cases from other teams where it's happened this year i'll be accused of trolling...

maybe this is why coz when others criticize united players fans throw their toys out of the pram. so maybe others get annoyed when you start critising other teams and dont take it yourself? can you show me where you have been accused of trolling for a similar incident and response?
    what people are saying is how dirty and childish rooney are with no mention of the horrific tackle from wilkinson is that hard for you to understand?

well it could also be because that they are much higher profile players and have a history of petulance ad dissent, where i dont know too much of Wilkinsons record.

it happens to all the top players - Gerrard, Drogba, Terry, Lampard etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

NTL just let him embarrass himself. Probably hasn't even posted in his own team's match day thread yet.

nonsense i've heard plenty of anti toffee songs at non derby matches stop talking via the tight one k thnx

you're not just allowed make stuff up mr bell.

you havent heard those songs, cause they dont happen.

but how do you know

your not at every game tbh

can you show me where you have been accused of trolling for a similar incident and response?

well it could also be because that they are much higher profile players and have a history of petulance ad dissent, where i dont know too much of Wilkinsons record.

it happens to all the top players - Gerrard, Drogba, Terry, Lampard etc

you explaining why it happens doesn't make it right your explaining what i all ready know why it's happening is not in question...

true enough, but i would watch every game and been to a lot of games, i've never heard it. the one time i heard about someone singing about Utd at a non utd match was in a square in Athens, and it was booed down by the liverpool fans.

i've never been to a Utd match but that doesnt mean i amn't qualified to say they sing about us virtually every game.

you're not just allowed make stuff up mr bell.

lol

it's funny a liverpool fan defending their fans with their rep getting banned from europe for been dirty thugs and trying to defend their equitte with how and when they deliver they're anti-x team songs...

seriously....

you explaining why it happens doesn't make it right your explaining what i all ready know why it's happening is not in question...

so if you understand why it happens, what are you complaining about? its a part and parcel of football? you're giving out to people here as if it is a boards thing and they are just doing it to get a reaction out of united fans, which i dont believe to be true.

anyway i like how you ignored the first part...

lol

it's funny a liverpool fan defending their fans with their rep getting banned from europe for been dirty thugs and trying to defend their equitte with how and when they deliver they're anti-x team songs...

seriously....

lol way to drag up something over twenty years old! pathetic...

lol

seriously....

i'm talking about Utd fans now, hooliganism was rife throughout all clubs in the 80s, incl us, thankfully its gone now.

doesnt mean i'm not allowed criticise clubs fans for small time behaviour in the modern game.

as opposed to dragging up incidents that occured decades ago.

• Advertisement

so if you understand why it happens, what are you complaining about? its a part and parcel of football? you're giving out to people here as if it is a boards thing and they are just doing it to get a reaction out of united fans, which i dont believe to be true.

anyway i like how you ignored the first part...

christ all mighty....

people were watching the match they seen the dirty tackle he made they doin't need a full roll call of all his fouls they were watching the match but didn't bother giving out about it just moaning about rooney and ronaldo like if i type it in capitals will it help?

dude i'm not going to go through boards to see how many times i'm accused of been called a troll

in this thread alone i mentioed gerrard wasn't booked for kicking the ball away last week and staraight away people are accusing you of trying to turn it into a liverpool v utd thread....

Advertisement