Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Thomas sale?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    To be honest I'd rather spend the extra few euro and support the local Limerick economy. Each to their own I suppose.
    The profit ends up in Canada, where the owner lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ninty9er wrote: »

Well to be honest if your buying stuff in a store in ireland, e.g BT , then they are earning money which in turn makes the store more likely to keep on staff or employ more staff and if there earning more money then they will be taxed more by the government which in turn will be put back in the economy.

Every little bit helps.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well to be honest if your buying stuff in a store in ireland, e.g BT , then they are earning money which in turn makes the store more likely to keep on staff or employ more staff and if there earning more money then they will be taxed more by the government which in turn will be put back in the economy.

Every little bit helps.

If I didn't know better I'd accuse you of advertising for tesco! :D

Every little bit helps.

I know...but still, I managed to save over €100 buying 2 pairs of shoes, a jacket, some cufflinks and jumpers from Burton by doing it online in £stg rather than on Childers road in €uro...I can't afford that much local support.

£153 inc P&P vs €275.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Oh right apologies. I didn't realise the staff in BT's were working for free at the behest of their evil Canadian overlord.

It's not very fair to blame Canada for everything. You my boy have been watching too much Southpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I know...but still, I managed to save over €100 buying 2 pairs of shoes, a jacket, some cufflinks and jumpers from Burton by doing it online in £stg rather than on Childers road in €uro...I can't afford that much local support.

£153 inc P&P vs €275.

Ahhhh you buy clothes in Burtons? That explains why you don't "get" why people buy quality clothes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I bought a couple of things in BT limerick in the sales. I checked out the prices of the same items online afterwards, and BT either matched them or was cheaper.

Added to this you can return sale goods if you change your mind and the customer service is very good (that I experienced on the day anyway).

BT fills a niche in the market and sells high quality, high design goods with excellent customer service. Its not what everyone is looking for.

Ahhhh you buy clothes in Burtons? That explains why you don't "get" why people buy quality clothes :p

I buy disposable clothes...20 wears and I'm done really. Gotten my moneys worth and I'll be bored of it....charity shop can have it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

I buy disposable clothes...20 wears and I'm done really. Gotten my moneys worth and I'll be bored of it....charity shop can have it then.

not doing too bad for a student, maby you got mixed up and went to heatons

old boy wrote: »
    not doing too bad for a student, maby you got mixed up and went to heatons

A student with a job, and I've been know to shop in Heatons too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement