Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health is wrecking my head!!

• 26-12-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

If you've read my recent post you know that I'm a 47 Warlock and its my first character.
    I've always been worried about the low amount of health that I've had the whole way through levelling up but was assured that its normal because warlocks obviously aren't tanks and was told not to worry, so I didn't dwell on it.
    However, while questing yesterday i met another 47 Warlock, human aswell, and he had 2400 health compared to my 1650 :(
    I asked him about it and he reckons its because of the gear he had from doing instances, and upon further inspection of his character he did indeed have a lot of epic gear equipped.
    Is he right? Is his health just abnormally high or is mine just abnormally low???? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Depends... Please provide a link to your character in the armory here, otherwise we don't have much to work with. 1650 for a lvl 47 does seem a little low, as I recall playing with a 29 warlock with over 2k health.

Another thing to consider is that the other warlock may be an alt character from someone who has a few 80s, meaning they can finance their alt characters more than you can finance your own by yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

How do i link my character here? (I'm such a nube :P) Im on a US server by the way so i had to go to the US site but its the same set up

Mister-M5 wrote: »
    How do i link my character here? (I'm such a nube :P) Im on a US server by the way so i had to go to the US site but its the same set up
    If you're on a US server, go here... It's not that hard; just type your characters name into the search box and hit enter, and then it will give you all the characters by that name... Select the one that corresponds to your own character, i.e. appropriate race/class and server

K got it sorted

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kalecgos&n=Luikang

I've since changed two items so the health is actaully loer than my actual health but it makes no odds really

I can see why your health is low. You really ought to start updating some of your stuff and changing some stat priorities. For example, too much of your gear has +spi and not enough +sta. I'm not saying that you should ignore spirit and concentrate on stamina, but prioritise stamina over spirit would be a good starting point to bring your hp up. Your mana pool seems to be a reasonable size though.

I looked at where you got some of your stuff and a lot of your gear is pretty old. For example, your staff is a quest reward from Wetlands, your green ring is from an Ashenvale quest and your blue ring isn't fit for a lock, as the attack power stat is wasted. After looking through your gear more thoroughly, it's not as bad as I originally thought, but it could do with some improving.

What are you doing with regards to your professions? I see that alchemy is only 93 and that herbalism is only 119. Herbalism is your gathering skill, and as such you should aim for it to be around 5 times your character level, i.e. 235. Since most herbs in your current questing areas will be too high level for you to gather, you will need to go back to lower level areas (starting with hillsbrad and wetlands maybe) and go around gathering herbs to get you herbalism up. Keep gathering until the herbs' (when the mouse if hovering over them on the ground) colour starts being green... At that stage, move onto areas like Arathi, Alterac and Stranglethorn Vale. It's boring as hell to do this, but it will have to be done sooner or later.

Your talent spec may need work too. I'm not going to give too much advice on this as I never played a lock much, but for levelling, demonology might be a better bet than destruction.

• Advertisement

K thanks very much for all your advice, yeah my herbalism and alchemy really needs work, i think i might just set maybe a couple of hours aside just for herbalism and then alchemy thereafter. So i shouldn't focus too much on the strength attributes, will keep that in mind.
    As far as the upgrading of the gear do you hink i should try the auction house for upgrades? I'm not really short of gold.
    Thanks Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Why do you want your HP up high?

You say this other guy you came across had epics? Well normally you don't have epics at that lvl. No matter what anybody tells you, you have to be unbelieveably lucky or have a high lvl character to grind for the epics. Which would make you a twink. Do not worry about HP too much.

Get rid of anything with strenght or agility, you don't need it. Anything with Attack Power is also a waste. Each item has a set amount of points. If that item uses points on a stat on something that you do not need, then it is a waste.

Don't worry about epics. You won't get them, stop trying and get leveling. Get quest items and try to get to some instances.

Don't bother enchanting either, until you get to level 80. It's a waste otherwise.

Your talent points need sorting out. Chose a path and stick with it, don't put a bit in all three specs, you will not benifit from this at all. You will get your ass kicked, you may not kill as many mobs as you should be, you may not kill mobs as high a level as you should be. Get me?

Forget spirit too, you are not a healing class and as you are a warlock, you will not need to care about hp or mana regeneration. Your primary stats that you need are intellect and stamina. Always picking intellect over stamina. Get me? At the higher levels and especially for pvping, you will need stamina. Your main objective is to be inflicting high amounts of damage in short periods of time.

Destruction is relies on hit, more so than the other specs. Affliction is for PVP mainly, and demonology is your friend :)

You have 37 points, put them all into demonology, trying to get as far down the line as possible. You don't have demonic embrace. You don't have fel vitality, straight away you are missing 11% increase of HP. Put your points into these, then another 3 into improved imp. Take soul link, fel domination and demonic aegis, put 5 into unholy power and 3 into master summoner, 1 in demonic sacrafice. you need one more point for the next stage so use this anywhere... Everything is as equally crap in my opinion. put 5 in master demonologist, and then put two into demonic knowledge.

That should be all your points used. You will do more damage, so will your imp and you will have more HP :)

When you get the points fill up demonic knowledge and demonic resilliance, demonic empowerment. Fill up everything else but demonic empathy it's crap for leveling. It's a leveling spec, remember that. It's not a PVP or raiding spec :)

Just keep going down that path and you will be fine, when you get lvl 70 and lvl 80 give me a shout and I might be able to help you more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as you aren't having trouble levelling as normal, there's nothing to worry about. I levelled a mage a few months back and reached Outland (level 58) with less than 2k health. Didn't slow me down in the slightest. :)

Advertisement