Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rip Off Ireland?

• 26-12-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is DJ gear in Ireland a complete rip off? I was in a well known shop on Capel St, and was admiring the CDJ's. I thought they seemed abit overpriced so I decided to try haggle.

2 Pioneer CDJ 1000's Mk3 (€1100 each) & A Pioneer Mixer (Can't remember the exact price). Long story short I told him it was cheaper to fly to the UK or buy online incl shipping.. (I had a print out from Thomann & decks.co.uk etc) And he wouldn't move on the price :confused:

HDJ-1000 Headphones, €190 ish there, €140 online. :confused:

A few other Irish online stores, Behringer DDM 4000, €486 on one and €360 on another.

Whats going on? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

there has been a thread about this before, avoid sounds around at all costs, the guy who owns it is a very stubborn man, the prices they sell at arent justifiable even with there city centre mark up, aquarisis sound and lighting are cheaper, still not as cheap as the net, but atleast they are friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Its sad really because I'd prefer to support the Irish guys who are selling this type of gear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So support Aquarius instead ;)

They are cheaper than soundsaround but I've no idea what if any haggle-room you'd have with them.

www.aquariussound.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'll give them a shout. I never haggle if the price is fair. I hope Sounds Around read this.... Another customer more than willing to part with €1000's walking away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Rip off right across the board folks, buy online is the best option, id sooner "buy Irish" myself but at these insane prices they charge there's no way.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

With a near 1:1 between sterling and Euro now, just get it from the UK and shipped over. www.ebay.co.uk is often great for finding the best prices... or www.froogle.co.uk

Edit: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/284949-1.htm?utm_source=google_uk&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%2BShopping
    £668 plus delivery, so somewhere around the €700 mark - that's less than I payed for my CDJ800's a while back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I walk in there sometimes and laugh out loud at the owners and salesmen,for charging 4 times more for equipment then they should,robbers,they should be in portlaoise for extortion and robbery,I dont know how they still operate,place is always a ghost town when in or walk by,cant see em lasting much longer in the current climate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    I walk in there sometimes and laugh out loud at the owners and salesmen,for charging 4 times more for equipment then they should,robbers,they should be in portlaoise for extortion and robbery,I dont know how they still operate,place is always a ghost town when in or walk by,cant see em lasting much longer in the current climate

With Abbey Discs gone it's going to be even tougher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

that bloke in there is a tosser - wouldnt buy a virus in there let alone some gear

Advertisement