Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Phone with camera!

• 26-12-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Well I had seen watch phones on ebay and thought they would be cool but probably crap well Santa delivered one yesterday its the Swap branded version and its quite interesting
    The specs:
    * A watch, a mobile phone and a media centre all rolled into one.
    * Choose from a number of diffrent watch faces stored in the sWap Watches' memory.
    * Pop your SIM card (NOT INCLUDED) into the watch and it's easy to make and receive calls
    * 1.5 inch TFT colour touch screen so you can watch movies!
    * Includes a hands free kit, Bluetooth headset and a stylus (plus one spare) for negotiating the touch screen.
    * The stylus is stored in a handy slot built in to the watch strap.
    * No need to buy a new SIM card - simply take it out of your mobile and pop it in the watch.
    * Receives SMS, MMS and can display recent and missed calls.
    * Store up to 300 contacts.
    * Built in alarm clock has 5 different tones to choose from.
    * Compatible with all networks except 3.
    * Record audio using the hands-free kit's mic and use the craftily concealed 1.3 megapixel camera to take pics and record video.
    * 512MB memory can be expanded up to 2GB with a Micro SD card (not included).
    * Supports MP3, MIDI, WAV, AAC and MP4 files.
    * Standby time: 100 hours.
    * Talk time: 150-180mins.
    * Requires a 650mAh rechargeable battery (included).
    * Sim Card not included

Size:-

* Face: 5 x 4cm.
    * Strap: 23 x 2.5cm.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/swap-watch/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

looks interesting.
    do you need to have a bluetooth headpiece for it to work ? or is there loudspeaker ?

what happens if you say beam me up scotty into it ?
    dare i ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL Yea thats the only bad part of the package actually the Bluetooth headset that came with it is very poor, but I have connected a decent one and it works well.

There is a built in speaker so you can talk to the watch, geeky or what, I just said "beam me up scotty into it" and it replied "you need to upgrade" :D

One major issue is reception, its pretty poor getting one bar where I would usually have good reception but it does work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

image just came to mind you walking around the middle of dublin with your hand raised into the air trying to find a signal.;
    HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW - HOW ABOUT NOW ?

Advertisement